GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 05:00:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: v4.2 Translations  (Read 72772 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: v4.2 Translations
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2012, 09:38:18 pm »

I am not in the business of creating fonts or validating translations. This is up to the community, IMO.

If you can get it to work prior to the patch release (within 1 week or so), I will incorporate it

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2012, 11:52:34 pm »

Small translation report and stuff-that-could-be-translatable:

Loading screens: I understand we can't translate the map's name (Except with Unknown Map), but can we translate the Location line? Thank you.

The new Create Server's not translatable at the 4.2 release current state, but that's something that can be fixed. Here's a pastie with both the translatable res file and the lines that you need to add into the gesource_english.txt and gesource_spanish.txt file.

I haven't found the strings "<Random Map>", "<Random Scenario>", "<Random Set>", but I've added them on the translations section on a temporary basis, as the last Steam update messed with my GE:S copy.

http://pastie.org/4391729

Filipianosol

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Filipianosol has no influence.
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2012, 01:50:07 am »

If you can get it to work prior to the patch release (within 1 week or so), I will incorporate it
If you're planning a patch here's the bug list:
No tip about long jumping.
Animation for long jumping not smooth (Ctrl + Space bar)
Sometimes the Crosshair appears on the left (http://i.imgur.com/PP6Rk.jpg) (don't know how to replicate...)
Not enough Polish forms for the tips, in Polish 'Radar' alters to 'Radarze' when 'about' is before it, it shows 'Radarze' when you die because of it, I suggest make it like with the English 'a' and 'an' and put there the Polish forms like 'Radarze'.

Missing translations:
^Everything what VGF said, Weapon Sets, Spectator (under Join Game), Don't show this help again, Play

Added this to the Noticeable bugs thread.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:36:35 am by Filipianosol »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2012, 12:38:47 pm »

On the german translation allmost everything seems fine so far, only two issues i recognized:
The ß is replaced by a horizontally flipped R now in DS Moster.
A few text cut offs here and there.

While the first issue should be fixed whenever the font is edited once again, the second one will require some shortening of sentences in the translation file.

Since we have at least 3 ppl able to do it (Cy, coolDisguise and me) it shouldn't be a problem to get it done till the patch.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2012, 01:29:13 pm »

The ß is replaced by a horizontally flipped R now in DS Moster.
I'm on it.

As for the Polish issue, well, I've done some editing on the ClientScheme.res, and the plot thickens:

I've located a font that showed correctly the Latin Extended-A accents, and changed it into some other font. Turns out the accents keep the same font, while the rest of the characters (ASCII and Latin-1) have their fonts changed.

See the difference between the normal characters (In this example, Times New Roman) and the accented chars (They keep being Tahoma whatsoever).

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

This is very interesting.... sorry for being harsh before was a bit spun up about the other bugs hehe.

There must be some undocumented behavior at play here in the font definitions... I really wish valve documented this stuff better

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »

This is very interesting.... sorry for being harsh before was a bit spun up about the other bugs hehe.

There must be some undocumented behavior at play here in the font definitions... I really wish valve documented this stuff better
I wonder if something similar happens on Source Engine games when the game's in Russian or Japanese. Just to get to the point of the issue.

Anyway, back to the fonts, here's version 2.1 of the custom Euro fonts:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4zoc6o8b65mh9y3

Changelog:
 - Fixed the ß on DS Moster. Please contact me if any other characters look wrong.
 - Added even more accented characters. Almost the whole Latin Extended-A set is included in the four fonts.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:17 pm »

VGF, thanks for the font update.

You guys asked for it, here are the translations to be done for the upcoming v4.2.1 client patch:

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=5041&oldid=5007

Please have these done within 24 hours. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:26:59 pm by killermonkey »

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »

VGF, thanks for the font update.

You guys asked for it, here are the translations to be done for the upcoming v4.2.1 client patch:

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=5041&oldid=5007

Please have these done within 24 hours. Thanks!
You're welcome. Spanish done. What about these:
 - Spectator (under Join Game)
 - MAP: (Whatever map)

Both of these are in the Join game/Select team screen.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »

French version updated.

Filipianosol

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Filipianosol has no influence.
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:33 am »

Updated the Polish translation. Don't forget to fix the bugs I enlisted, if you can.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2012, 02:34:03 am »

You're welcome. Spanish done. What about these:
 - Spectator (under Join Game)
 - MAP: (Whatever map)

Both of these are in the Join game/Select team screen.

"MAP:" will stay, it needs to be short and it has no contextual value.

Spectator added:
http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=5047&oldid=5041

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2012, 11:43:35 am »

"MAP:" will stay, it needs to be short and it has no contextual value.

Spectator added:
http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=5047&oldid=5041
Thank you very much, Spanish updated again.

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

Italian version successfully updated!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2012, 03:50:06 pm »

german version updated
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up