GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 04:14:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [BUG] View To No Kills earned improperly?  (Read 3558 times)

detectDefective

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • detectDefective barely matters.detectDefective barely matters.
[BUG] View To No Kills earned improperly?
« on: August 16, 2016, 08:51:55 am »

While playing the gamemode A View To A Kill, I spent two rounds killing folks left and right, and during the second round, I wanted to try and get "View To No Kills", which is listed as "winning a round without killing anybody". So I tried giving it a shot during the third and final round.

Tried running around, not killing people, and I only managed fourth place, so I lost the last round. But with the last two rounds, I'd won the match, and earned the View To No Kills achievement.

I don't know if this is a bug, or if the achievement's description is incorrect, since I don't know how someone is supposed to win a round of VTAK without killing anybody.

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: [BUG] View To No Kills earned improperly?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:42:16 pm »

ahhh, yeah, there must be a logic error with that achievement.  Match end messes with a decent number of them, actually. I thought all of the new ones accounted for it at least but I'll go through and fix all of them for 5.1.

Thanks for letting us know!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

detectDefective

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • detectDefective barely matters.detectDefective barely matters.
Re: [BUG] View To No Kills earned improperly?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 02:19:45 am »

ahhh, yeah, there must be a logic error with that achievement.  Match end messes with a decent number of them, actually. I thought all of the new ones accounted for it at least but I'll go through and fix all of them for 5.1.

Thanks for letting us know!
You're welcome, glad I could help. I have two questions, though:

1. Is there any way to reset the progress of that one achievement, or would I have to wipe them all and start over?

2. How does somebody actually win a round of VTAK without killing anybody?

In a five minute round, if there's 8 players, and the other seven are decent enough, their time rewards can easily go over the match's round time. That's if the player manages to survive all five minutes.

I ran around trying not to pop folks and the best I could get was maybe 3 minutes in fourth place, compared to first place's 8 minutes. Is there something to the strategy I'm missing?

EDIT: Just realized that a player could join an empty server and beat anyone who joins late, but that still feels cheap.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:44:31 pm by detectDefective »
Pages: [1]   Go Up