GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:36:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volcano  (Read 7974 times)

Forever

Volcano
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:00:14 pm »

Hello all

I found all my really old maps 2 days ago on an old laptop and so i started to redo my volcano. Some of you guys might remember it.

For those who have not looked through the ges models that shipped with beta 3, thats a very nice looking missile ive used from the upcoming ge_silo.

My poorly textured, brush based train  :D

and thats about as far as ive got

Ill report back in when ive done some more (that could be in another 3 years lol)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Volcano
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:07:22 pm »

That main room is looking real good! Looks like it will be real fun when finished.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:19:40 pm »

Reminds somewhat of the volcano fortress in You Only Live Twice. Very interesting map, good job.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »

haha yea, i remember this map, I think xanatos and I where helping you for some reason... IDK remind me haha

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:48:28 pm »

OOOH. i love new maps.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 08:54:01 pm »

The map looks really good man. Hope you release it soon! Good luck with the making too!

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:14:35 pm »

Loks good man, a little open on the top two screenies.. but new maps none the less :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:16:19 pm »

a little open on the top two screenies..

Just like Runway; it's an open map as well, without counting with the underground corridors.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:56:37 am »

The missile isn't the final version, just a first try.
It was based on the Saturn V which isn't good for several reasons like:
1. it's an US missile
2. it's not 1:1 in scale coz it has to fit into Silo
3. it's a person carrier
4. it doesn't look like the missile from GE64

The new one is somewhat equal in size but has a different shape.
However I was planning to keep this one too but have it as a miniature model for someones Desk.
So if you got it prop_static, the map will need to be recompiled, if it's a prop_dynamic you'll just need to change the worldmodel property in the bsp (using a program like EntEd).

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:13 pm »

That main room is quite interesting.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:29 pm »

I remember when that guy who made nf_fort_knox for alpha was making this.  I think is name was Glenn Woody or something, he had Auric Goldfinger as his avatar.. I know he released the VMF for something that looked like this.  The missile really reminds me of what he was working on, but I'm not sure. 

What you have done looks really nice.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 08:26:26 pm »

Oh my. :-O

I would enjoy playing in that map!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up