GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:35:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 06/02/10 [2nd June : Community Update]  (Read 18062 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
GES Update 06/02/10 [2nd June : Community Update]
« on: June 02, 2010, 09:46:12 pm »

It's update time with GoldenEye: Source, but we are going to take a different approach to this update. Today is Community Spotlight! Without our community we would not likely have come as far as we have, so for that we would like to thank them by dedicating this update to them.

Back in our Beta 1 days, the community was alive with custom content and third party maps. Something has happened from then and now, but we are starting to see an increase in community activity which we love. All the developers have real life jobs and situations that prevent us from releasing updates as often as we would like, but with the community, we can continue to play the game with fresh content between releases.

We believe that these are three maps that deserve the spotlight. Ge_Rocket by Mangley, Ge_Bunker_Nw by FReXx, and Ge_Grid by Sess1on.

= Ge_Rocket =

The map is actually a pseudo-remake of an old Medal of Honor multiplayer map which was a V2 Rocket Facility. The layout is not sticking faithfully to the original map design much at all, only the general layout with necessary refinements to fit GoldenEye gameplay suitably.

= Ge_Bunker_Nw =

The map is obviously based off of Bunker, but our Bunker is still in development. Until then we have this nice beauty to look forward to.

= Ge_Grid =

This map is based off of Grid from Perfect Dark. The level looks amazing, and according to the designer the map is "Almost finished and will be releasing soon".

All three of these maps are not released yet, but we wish them well and a quick production!

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdWjMgiyGM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Alex Kresovich took the original tracks in GoldenEye 007 and remixed them with rap music and released them as Gold N' Fly. The remixes are quite enjoyable to listen to, and quite fitting to play with GES. If you want to download the whole album, you can get it here.

One of the most amazing community things to be presented to the mod is the "Gilded Klobb" thanks to Mangley. The Klobb is just a alternate skin for developers to play with (So no, it's not going to kill you any faster :P). Lets hope that he makes a new skin for our Black Klobb that our Beta Testers have been hoping for.

http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/269866

The Invaders Source is an 80s themed sci-fi mod that is being worked on by one of our developers "Kinky" as a school project, but has turned into a full mod. The current set release for it is July 4th, so keep an eye out for this one.

Today I would like to announce GoldenEye: Source's first Community Project! The goal behind the project is to make monitor images. Some of our current ones don't really reflect the game or the time period the movie was set in.

The goal is to recreate the ones from the game, or make some new ones based off of period operating systems (Win3/Win95, DOS, or Boris's one used in the movie). Here are some examples we came up with. The cube and the multiple images both reflect monitors from GE64. To have something from now but look like it could have been there before, the steam pic could replace our current one.

The rules of the community project are simple. Make a 128x128 or 256x256 image, either animated or static, that would be placed on the monitors around each map. There will be a topic made in the forums "Custom WIP" section for all entries. Winners will get their name put in the credits of the mod in our next release. We hope to see many entries!

Within the next week or so, we will be making our regular news post that reflects on the team's progress. We can't say much about it yet, but we have this teaser to leave you with.

See you next week!

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:02:02 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
Re: GES Update 06/02/10 [2nd June : Community Update]
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:56:30 am »

One of the most amazing community things to be presented to the mod is the "Gilded Klobb" thanks to Mangley. The Klobb is just a alternate skin for developers to play with (So no, it's not going to kill you any faster :P). Lets hope that he makes a new skin for our Black Klobb that our Beta Testers have been hoping for.
We're on our knees pleading for a black skinned klobb! Beggin' I tells ya!
Anyways, everything looks good. Can't wait.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:54 am »

o_0

GRID, grid from PD wow,. nice !!!!

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:58:23 am »

Wow! Wow! WOW! That Grid map looks beautiful! and so do the other two... geez! Well done you guys that looks like great work. When is a good estimate of when these maps are being released? I hope you say 4.1 cuz we really need some new maps to change up the gameplay a bit!

I'm really liking the colors and layout of that Grid map though!
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 02:26:22 am »

these are community driven maps, non-official. Therefore, they could be released whenever the mapper wants....or never.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 07:14:37 am »

Never? I'd really hate it if you showed us some awesome maps such as these then they never got released... xD

And I knew they were community made maps I was hoping form an answer form one of the 3, or all of the 3 guys working on 'em.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:43:05 am »

The update looks nice guys. You didn't give away too much of the mod itself though :P. Rocket looks great, along with the other maps. The Golden Klobb looks a bit flamboyant in my opinion but it's not like that's a bad thing...

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 03:41:47 pm »

Wow, I feel honoured!  :-[

Well, all more reason for me to hurry up and finish Rocket I guess.  :P I've been getting a little sidetracked with another *secret* map that's in fruition.

I'm loving the community project, I'll definitely participate.

I look forward to next week's mediagasm.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 05:41:44 pm »

We want more Klobb love :D

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:02 pm »

Never? I'd really hate it if you showed us some awesome maps such as these then they never got released... xD

And I knew they were community made maps I was hoping form an answer form one of the 3, or all of the 3 guys working on 'em.

Well, first of all. It wouldn't surprise me if one or more weren't ever released. Frexx's map, for example, has not had any updates and he has long past his "release date". No word on that one. Second, they are done by the community. If they get busy ,it doesn't get done. Simple as that.

About the klobb being flamboyant, if you were to go to the thread in the forums and look at the in game shot of it, it appears a lot more of a goldish color instead of yellow. Go take a look, it looks sexier.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 07:45:13 pm »

Anyways, everything looks good. Can't wait.

CCsaint10

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 07:49:32 pm »

Yes...please..

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 08:57:52 pm »

nice update ! thank you, community  ;D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »

Really liking the look of grid :)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 02:15:42 pm »

About the klobb being flamboyant, if you were to go to the thread in the forums and look at the in game shot of it, it appears a lot more of a goldish color instead of yellow. Go take a look, it looks sexier.

I mean the embosses, not the colour.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up