GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:27:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE_Pipes_a1 - By Entropy Soldier  (Read 7635 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
GE_Pipes_a1 - By Entropy Soldier
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:18:58 am »

GE_PIPES_A1 - By Entropy Soldier

Hi all, Entropy-Soldier gave me his permission to re-release any of his unnoficial maps, so I decided to also take a look at another favorite... Ge_Pipes_a1. I have been busy adding bots to this awesome map for the last couple of days, it has been a long process full of trial and error, largely due to the nature of the map. After restarting from scratch multiple times, and doing some research online I seem to have managed to get the bots functioning OK, they are not perfect, and they have their funny moments but the map is about as playable as it's going to get I think. I will of course continue to tinker around, but for now I need a break, I'm starting to see nodes everywhere I look.

DOWNLOAD LINK...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkxhlyttrooqpqw/PipesUpdate1.zip

Extract the archive, and drag the contents into your "Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource" folder, and select yes to overwrite.

Big thank you to Entropy-Soldier, not only for his work, which has given me so much enjoyment, but for his permission to re-release this great work.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:56:07 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE_Pipes_a1 - By Entropy Soldier
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:35:47 am »

Before posting, I had a couple of games on Pipes, and the bots seem to running fine, however... I just played again and they seemed to be getting stuck quite a lot. It's the luck of the draw I'm afraid, I will look into it, probably at some point today I will overhaul the nodes to see if I can improve the situation at all.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:09:00 am »

Link has been updated with a couple of fixes. There was a couple of areas where nodes were out of range on Bot spawn.

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »

Not to disrespect his work and effort but this might be my least favorite custom map ever made for GE

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 05:15:25 am »

And you felt the need to post that because...?

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:15:22 am »

Precisley, thank you soupcan, you beat me to it. I actually think this is a great map, and when the bots function OK it's a blast.

and.punker

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • and.punker barely matters.and.punker barely matters.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 08:31:07 pm »

Well, 50% is personal preference because I don't really find any appeal in this map at all, design wise (not a huge fan of the lava in the floor, I would've been much nicer; spikes) the colours and the lighting seem more fitting for a Half-Life 1 map and generally the design of the map isn't up to par with any of the other maps (I mean if I were to play Library or this, we both know which one I would choose). Not many people are going to agree with me on this but  "to each, their own".

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 10:25:17 pm »

Is he not allowed to have an opinion?
Troy, get back on that treadmill

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 11:21:54 pm »

Well, 50% is personal preference because I don't really find any appeal in this map at all, design wise (not a huge fan of the lava in the floor, I would've been much nicer; spikes) the colours and the lighting seem more fitting for a Half-Life 1 map and generally the design of the map isn't up to par with any of the other maps (I mean if I were to play Library or this, we both know which one I would choose). Not many people are going to agree with me on this but  "to each, their own".

Hey, that's cool man, I understand this post, and even agree with a couple of points, like it not being up to par with the official maps, but it's an old map now... And yes, it is personal preference, for me it's the Perfect Dark look and feel of the level I love, would like to see some more unnoficial Perfect Dark maps ;)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 02:20:22 am »

Is he not allowed to have an opinion?

Posting an unsolicited opinion is shitposting because, quite frankly, no one asked for his opinion and no one cares. Airing an opinion like that contributes nothing to the thread. If he elaborated on his opinion -- which he later did, but originally did not -- then that's cool. It is, however, still a bit ill-fitting for a thread like this, at least the way he put it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:30:04 am by soupcan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up