GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:28:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 Translations needed  (Read 44911 times)

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
Re: Beta 4 Translations needed
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2010, 06:06:25 pm »

Spanish should be finished.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2010, 06:26:42 pm »

Probably, however it needs to make sense.

'Spec' is used because it's a commonly used abreviation for Spectator in games, it's also used outside of games as an abreviation for Specification.

So if Toesch isn't used as an abreviation in Dutch by anyone then maybe it's best you use something like KIJKER (viewer).
It is used as an abreviation by probably the most intelectual newspaper 'de Volkskrant' in the Netherlands for football (soccer): http://www.volkskrant.nl/archief_gratis/article553545.ece/Eerste_divisie

Just Ctrl+F "toesch".

Kijker is, to my knowlegde, not ever used. What I don't like about the word kijker is that it feels like the English word 'looker' to me and it is not a 1 on 1 translation. It's more like replacing it with something similar. I did however did this kind of thing with translating the achievements in order for them to still make sence, where ever I could and when even that wasn't possible I just put the English achievement between ' '. Like Sharpshootah and titles from Bond movies. A view to a kill was replaced by the Dutch translation of "Killing with a vision", where vision also means something like a plan, insight, idea of how to execute a plan the right way...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:34:31 pm by V!NCENT »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »

I'd say that's perfectly acceptable then...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2010, 11:28:01 pm »

cĀ“mon guys, where are all the nice french people ? I know you must be somewhere  ! :P

somewheeeeeeere over the rainbow..

They are all dead. ^^
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 12:56:47 am »

In all seriousness we do need a french translation...

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2010, 03:55:56 am »

French done.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2010, 04:56:54 am »

I wish I could speak two languages. What the hell.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

gggg

• Agent
  • gggg has no influence.
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2010, 07:01:14 am »

I could actually give a go at the portuguese translation ( im fluent in portuguese)

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2010, 12:27:39 pm »

Iiiik!

French need some work because there's still things in English. O.O
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2010, 01:03:10 pm »

Well work on it!

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2010, 02:55:44 pm »

I would but I can't today. I won't have enough time to do it. Sorry. :-/

It's for today, uh ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2010, 03:44:01 pm »

It can wait for tomorrow... but no later than that

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2010, 04:34:10 pm »

I could actually give a go at the portuguese translation ( im fluent in portuguese)

How fluent? I'm planning on submitting mine tomorrow.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2010, 11:53:44 pm »

I fixed out the amount of deaths changed on the old achievements for the Spanish translation.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 02:37:12 pm »

Portuguese translation is done. Now, before someone goes around complaining I used a c before the t, bear in mind that I translated to Portuguese from Portugal. Keep that in mind when complaining.

I may go through it again later today but I think it is fine the way it is. Obviously, a few things weren't translated because a) they do not have a coherent translation or b) there is no logic in translating them.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:05:24 am by PPK »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up