GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:39:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 1/26/09  (Read 38309 times)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:55:03 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
Re: GES Update 1/26/09
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 08:26:55 pm »

Great update, I feel great for you guys proving the doubters wrong. One thing, how high powered would you say the game is? I've only a family chipset video card on my laptop, will I be ok?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 08:28:43 pm »

February, WTF?

I've been spelling it wrong this whole time.........AHHH there's no reason to live!

Great update, I feel great for you guys proving the doubters wrong. One thing, how high powered would you say the game is? I've only a family chipset video card on my laptop, will I be ok?

Our game complies with the game requirements of Half-Life 2 Episode 2, which runs the Orange Box [Source] Engine. So if you are able to run that, you'll be fine.

GoldenEye: Source Minimum System Requirements
CPU: 1.2 GHz Processor
RAM: 256 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

GoldenEye: Source Recommended System Requirements
CPU: 2.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 512 MB
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 capable graphics card 256 MB
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive

GoldenEye: Source Ideal System Requirements
For running the game smooth in 1280x1024 with High Quality graphics.

CPU: 3.4 GHz Processor
RAM: 1024 MB
Graphics Card: Radeon X800 or Geforce 6800
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
CD or DVD rom drive
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:09:38 pm by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 08:47:11 pm »

February

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February

eat it?

So I spelled it correct....so confused...what...the....*Head Explodes*
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »

When you first install GES B3, add -dxlevel 81 to your command line by right-clicking the game title in Steam Games, summoning the Properties page, and clicking the command line option button. When the game starts up, go to options, turn off anything you don't need.  Low textures if your video ram is low, set the shadows to low quality, turn off any HDR option.  Apply, then close the game.  Remove the -dxlevel line, and start the game again.  You will miss out on the shiny glass effects, but you should get very high framerates.

I play at 120Hz refresh, so I'm very sensitive, and vocal, about frame rate issues. :D
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 09:05:52 pm »

Thanks for the info Baron and I'll take your suggestion VC. Atleast I know I'll be able to play my favorite map; Library Classic ::)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 09:16:47 pm »

Very nice. The attention to detail that you guys have is amazing. From the gun/ammo icons when you pick them up to the anti-camping feature. It just go to show; don't under-estimate what the fans can do. Keep up the great work, guys.

Only thing I don't like is the weapon selection sound. It's a cheesy sound that really doesn't belong in Goldeneye and is just a constant reminder that you're actually playing Half-Life 2.

One question: Are the skins just color swaps or different outfits altogether? I thought maybe that brown skin could be the outfit Bond wore from Jungle to Cradle.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 09:26:55 pm »

The graphics from OB look really good. I have it and would like to clear something up about my current settings.

I run HL2Ep2 at 1280x1024, all set to max, no AA, textures on medium and I guess AF is 8x instead of the maximum 16x. My PC goes like this:

CPU: P4 @ 3.2 GHz
RAM: 2048 MB DDR400
GFX: Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO AGP
Windows XP Professional 32-Bit
The rest is pretty standard.

I know it is a bit offtopic, but since I saw 1Rusky's post, I thought I'd ask this here: Am I playing at full capability of my machine? Or is there some room for improvement? I guess I've got the heapsize set to half my RAM; if not, then I'll just set it to that. And btw, I get around 40 FPS while playing HL2Ep2.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 09:34:11 pm »

Currently the skins are color swaps.  More variation in the characters is something we intend to look at once we have the weapons and gameplay features buttoned up.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 09:40:39 pm »

PPK: The only way to know how to improve your fps is to find your current bottleneck.

Find an area with trashy FPS, and use this: sv_cheats 1; +showbudget.  This will give you a bar graph. Find the biggest bar and that's your current trouble.  If it says something like "Swap Buffers," then your video card is taxed by special effects, such as water or thermal effects.  If it's something like Animations, then your CPU can't give you any more speed.  Static Model Rendering is common in TF2.  Models are faster and easier to render than BSP, but they are less optimized and because they are better they get over-used.  Badlands suffers from model glut, as does parts of Gravel Pit.  Depending on the bottleneck, you may or may not be able to do much.

(-showbudget to turn the graph off.)

Is your P4 a 3.2 or is it overclocked to 3.2?  Also, consider an upgrade; P4 is junk compared to a Core 2 at similar clocks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:55:06 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 10:11:42 pm »

It is not overclocked; just standard equipment on this side.
And thanks for the info on useful console commands!

I'd love to get me a new PC and get rid of this old piece of trash :P, but, well, lets just say that it can't be done at the present time, so I'll just have to stick to what I have...

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 12:34:46 am »

Overclock if your motherboard/BIOS will let you. You should be able to go +10% clock on fan cooling.  You may need to slow your RAM to do so, but that's okay for Source; which hits the CPU much harder than the RAM.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 02:45:22 am »

Note to self: There is no r in 'Hat' and two in 'February'.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 02:47:11 am by Sergeant Kelly »

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 03:46:00 am »

GoldenEye: Source BETA 3, coming FEBRUARY 2009!

inb4chaos

trezza

• Agent
  • trezza has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 02:24:13 pm »

This has brought a tear to my eye, thank you GE: S team you roxorz in my soxorz !!!!!!!!  :D
when i was young i used to think there was a character named oddjaw, a combination between jaws and oddjob
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up