GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:43:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [Valve Error] Invalid Steam key size  (Read 58899 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Valve Error] Invalid Steam key size
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 12:56:31 am »

Did GES contact valve about when the fix will be issued? I hate waiting lol. I want to get my server working, becuase it doesnt appear in the list.

I did post a thread in the steam forums but no one responded to it.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 01:13:38 am »

If setup rite it should show up on the list and be joinable.

I've gotten 3 servers to work fine, and the server host's that read the forum, all there servers are up(aka WNx, NW, TLP, BU, and more).
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:46:57 am »

Yeah, despite my BU servers being joinable, I haven't seen anyone using them for about a week now.  It seems very few clients know there is a patch, and just assume the game is broken or something. It's quite sad.  Hopefully all will be remedied soon  [cough] Valve [/cough]  :)

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 02:02:14 am »

Bet they're all getting dropped with a VAC error.

Yeah, despite my BU servers being joinable, I haven't seen anyone using them for about a week now.  It seems very few clients know there is a patch, and just assume the game is broken or something. It's quite sad.  Hopefully all will be remedied soon  [cough] Valve [/cough]  :)
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 02:02:59 am »

What hurts is that those who download our mod and try to play it are going to have bad impression, meanwhile just a week and a half ago we had hundreds of players all the time. Really bad timing for us, and mods released around that time.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Geko010

• Agent
  • Geko010 has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 03:42:05 am »

I've noticed that I can connect to my dedicated LAN server if the following term pops up in the server log:

VAC secure mode is disabled.

Go figure.  It was happening after the first manual map change.  Today I can't get it to deactivate no matter what I try.

I've had no luck trying to connect to it over the internet, but I'm still examining my router settings.

--update:  I just found out that I have to set sv_lan 1 in the server.cfg.  Then the VAC message pops up and my login problems go away after map change.  When I set sv_lan to 0, VAC never goes away and I can only connect for 30 seconds before I get the no steam logon error.

Is this part of the bug, or did I screw something up?  Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:24:27 am by Geko010 »

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 03:46:31 am »

I do not understand about the client patch.... I know the wiki contains the dedicated server patch.

Sorry, is it this?   http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,3227.0.html

so I basically do the client and dedicated patches to get everything running normally?

thanks to all

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 09:53:20 am »

.... and I can only connect for 30 seconds before I get the no steam logon error.

Is this part of the bug, or did I screw something up?  Any help is appreciated.

Yup I've had the same thing, get kicked after a minute or so. I was told this is part of the bug.

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 03:01:49 pm »

i keep joining random patched servers, still have yet to be kicked with that error.

bananaSkill

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 03:29:25 pm »

i noticed some strange stuff on my linux machine i had the same error "Steam logon failed".

Adding master server 72.165.61.189:27011
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27011
Connection to Steam servers successful.

if your server doesn't say the "Connection to Steam servers successful." i t will probably kick the user within 2 minutes.

try killing the server and restarting it.
somehow when using a different master server it just works  :-\

Staaf

• Secret Agent
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 03:44:51 pm »

i noticed some strange stuff on my linux machine i had the same error "Steam logon failed".

Adding master server 72.165.61.189:27011
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27011
Connection to Steam servers successful.

if your server doesn't say the "Connection to Steam servers successful." i t will probably kick the user within 2 minutes.

try killing the server and restarting it.
somehow when using a different master server it just works  :-\

Doesn't work for me =] Mine says Connection to Steam servers successful as well but it keeps kicking players.

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:29 pm »

are you using linux?, the "old" linux libs may not be completely correct and may be causing it you may want to try and switch to a win32 server. :(

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 05:08:36 pm »

Windows Server 2003 for us. Updating with a command that looks like:
hldsupdatetool -command update -game tf -dir gesource_apollo

Was getting Invalid Steam key size again after the Scout update, so got new engine and steam_api binaries out of my Steam client. Now back to the same as before.

Consistently when I start up the server it will drop me in about 2 minutes. Kick message I think is the typical "No Steam logon
." The classic message dialog pops up saying there's a connection problem with VAC, and offering to troubleshoot it (all info for client-side problems, i.e. I'm an idiot and my firewall is wrong). I don't get this problem with the CSS pub on the same machine, so I'm pretty sure it's not a network problem for the server, or any kind of problem with my Steam client. Of course I've restarted Steam on my end plenty of times, as well as the server.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Staaf

• Secret Agent
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 06:43:38 pm »

are you using linux?, the "old" linux libs may not be completely correct and may be causing it you may want to try and switch to a win32 server. :(

using win32 =]

Kratos

HOLY CRAP guys
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »

When i first downloaded the GES server files.. I setup the server the way I wanted it. Then I saved all the server files on  dvd-r disc and shoved it up my butt for later use.

Then the problem with valve came which fucked up all servers. Well i then i tried change stuff in the server cfg folder, but my server would not appear in the list no matter what i use, patch, gameinfo changes etc...

So I found that dvd disc, shoved it in my computers ass and uploaded the srcds files. Ran the executable file and WALAAH works. connected to steam servers successfully and shows on the server list. Im not advertising to get people in my server, but if you want to join its     Goldeneye Source Beta 3|East Coast Server|

Do you guys need any files from my server folder? any gameinfo that may help? Thanks

Edit: im working on the server so you may see it locked or not see it yet. Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up