Author Topic: Wow...  (Read 5059 times)

[Rhymenoceros]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • [Rhymenoceros] is looked down upon.
    • heh...
Wow...
« on: February 13, 2009, 08:17:09 am »

It's funny that I would rather play the beta of a free mod from an independent developer than any of my other games.

This mod is astounding!  My friends from real life won't play it with me because of "it's free" prejudice but I love it.  You (the mod team) rock!   :D

(Oh, and I have a suggestion to make:
 Make a new flashlight sound, drop the HL2 one!)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:36:58 am by [Rhymenoceros] »
I'm so cool that I has negative rep.
And my graphics are so bad that I has wallhax.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
Re: Wow...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:30:06 am »

(Oh, and I have a suggestions to make:
 Make a new flashlight sound, drop the HL2 one!)

good point
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:17:29 am »

Yeah good point, i thought we had gotten to most of the stock sounds.

By beta 4 I believe we will have stomped out them all. For now just ignore it :P

Thanks for the compliment, I also agree from a purely gameplay factor im much more into our mod than a commercial one. I think it easily rivals a payed for game and with the coming patch I think it will start to. When it comes I hope you press your friends to join in with you ;) LAN for the win.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:19:46 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:53:44 pm »

Since I haven't done so already I might as well throw my thanks in here.

I too, would much rather play GE:S than any other game on the market right now, and even more than all the other mods I've tried for the source engine. IF you were selling this game I'd buy it. It's hands down my favorite FPS game to date. I've come a crossed some amazing and well-done mods in the past but this goes above and beyond what I ever expected. Thank you guys for such an awesome and nostalgic experience.

You've truly pulled off somehting incredible and you ought to feel very good about yourselves. ^_^
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »

As far as multiplayer goes, GE:S is equal and in many cases superior to commercial games. Concerning mods for the Source engine, GE:S is definitely one of the best multiplayer ones and one of the best overall.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 05:28:18 pm »

The fact that it didn't even get nominated for MOTY on Moddb is uncalled for! I was shocked to not see it on the list. This game deserves to win that award.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 06:21:02 pm »

The fact that it didn't even get nominated for MOTY on Moddb is uncalled for! I was shocked to not see it on the list. This game deserves to win that award.

we are glad we did not make it in 2008. This is because if we made it in 2008 then we are not able to run in 2009. So vote for us this year!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

tmarshll

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 01:10:44 pm »

I'll be voting for sure!
This mod is amazing! I loved Goldeneye on my N64 (still have it). Literally the other day i thought it would be cool if someone remade the game (or perfect Dark), and i find THIS! You guys rock!
So much nostalgia for me... :'( (happiness crying obviously)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 11:12:07 pm »

NECromanceR

and we love each and every one of you <3

Mastix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Mastix has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 05:36:01 am »

I don't get why there is a flash-light at all, a total removal of it will be a total removal of any little HL2 bits left =)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 10:25:25 am »

TBH, i don't see a purpose of it too. The only real use of it is in caves when the generators are destroyed.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 06:01:39 pm »

What are you guys talking about? There are more places in which the flashlight is useful besides in Caves. Such as Egyptian, Basement/Stack, Runway (underground), etc..

There are plenty of dark areas in which it is useful. I guess it would also depend on one's monitor/video settings as well, no? That's another reason to keep it. Some people don't like their brightness and gamma turned up to a billion trillion just so they can see reasonably in a couple areas.

I think it would be foolish to get rid of the flashlight.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 07:30:23 pm »

I'd like to keep the flashlight as a serverside option (It can be very hard to see where you're going in some maps), but I think that it really needs a new sound to get rid of the "HL2" feeling (like a Mag-Lite "click").
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 08:50:38 pm »

I'd like to keep the flashlight as a serverside option (It can be very hard to see where you're going in some maps), but I think that it really needs a new sound to get rid of the "HL2" feeling (like a Mag-Lite "click").

I agree with SSL. Flashlight can be VERY useful when looking for issues in mapping (Beta testing) and I think it should just be a server side option too. :) But yeah, needs a new sound. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up