GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:59:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Deterring Exploits/Griefs - admin/dev solvable?  (Read 8521 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Deterring Exploits/Griefs - admin/dev solvable?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 10:07:13 am »

@Striker: I guess that spawning is already made the way you mentioned, although it doesn't seem like it is. I guess one of the programmers (I guess it was KM) pointed out that the system isn't working properly because there are too many people in the servers for the system to work correctly.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
Re: Deterring Exploits/Griefs - admin/dev solvable?
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 01:33:57 am »

Maybe the system needs a little more work perhaps. Another game I play has a similar system, and it seems to work perfectly even on 32 player games. I think it discerns Players from Camping players. You'll spawn in a crowded place, but not near anyone who has been in the same spot for over a few minutes. Now and then, it will spawn you in such a place, but that is extremely rare.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up