GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:32:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [For beta 3.0] How to Fix Server Issues  (Read 16376 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: How to Fix Server Issues
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 06:56:03 pm »

no offense PPK, but do any devs know the answer? And if so, what is left to fix?

Why would you offend me? I don't know if the devs ever sent an e-mail to Valve; I merely came up with that hypothesis since they are qualified to do so and they would like a fix in order to continue their modding work without being hindered by screw-ups from Gabe's part. I also don't know anything about the fix or I would have posted here about it!

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 07:29:08 pm »

heres a question what the hell are you 2 guys talking about.

valve released some updates to the tf2 servers that broke mods and about 17 days later they released the new "orangebox" server base to address all the problems those updates had.

last i checked this fixed all "broken" things that valve has done and there are no more "fixes" mods are waiting for.

the only "fixes" needed are bugs in the mod witch should be repaired when the next update is released by the team.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »

Don't need to be upset steven. Guess we were a bit late on the news, but that's all.

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 07:54:52 pm »

Don't need to be upset steven. Guess we were a bit late on the news, but that's all.
i was not upset, i was just confused. :P

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 08:32:33 pm »

i was not upset, i was just confused. :P

Hehe sorry for the misunderstanding then mate! ;)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 03:04:41 am »

Ive already given the answer. Just because valve fixed the problem a few days ago does not mean it is solid to just release 3.1 right away. A few days is not a proven timeframe to risk sending our patch out to be possibly broken again.

Plus, we need to test our patch to the new valve fix (as previously weve been having issues hosting of course). So the timeframe for releasing will be no earlier than a week so that we ensure valve doesnt update again and/or any last minute bugs are squashed since we can finally begin to test properly now this VALVE update happened.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:06:48 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:38 am »

ahh ok. Thank you wake and sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought the "break" still wasn't fixed...but I see now. :) Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Oh, and one more question. Do I have to do anything to fix the issue on my computer? or is the server browser and everything all patched up now?

Therefore, I should start seeing players in the servers flowing in again right? I only see maybe 2 or 3 servers with people on it occasionally. :) Thanks in advance.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up