GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 11:18:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FIXED!] cannot launch the game, crash after splash screen.  (Read 5648 times)

tonton

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tonton has no influence.

hello there, i cannot launch the game, i see  the valve video intro "powered by source" followed to the Goldeneye source splash screen then HL2.exe is crashing.
tried with  4.2 and 4.2.1. tried to re verify sdk 2007 files.

here the mdmp file : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwSg6Non81vJS01FQ2gxWllpejA/edit?usp=sharing

thanks
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:52:03 pm by tonton »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: cannot launch the game.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 08:53:34 am »

You have to install source sdk base 2007 (under tools in your steam library) in order to be able to play mods like GES that are based on this source engine version.

If you still have issues with the game crashing at the intro video, add -novid to your games launch options (right click on GES properties>launch options).

tonton

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:34:45 pm »

You have to install source sdk base 2007 (under tools in your steam library) in order to be able to play mods like GES that are based on this source engine version.
tried with  4.2 and 4.2.1. tried to re verify sdk 2007 files.
i already have it  ::)

If you still have issues with the game crashing at the intro video, add -novid to your games launch options (right click on GES properties>launch options).
hello there, i cannot launch the game, i see  the valve video intro "powered by source" followed to the  Goldeneye source splash screen then HL2.exe is crashing .
i have no problem with the video  ;)

someone can read that crash file to see what happen ?

thanks you
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:16:00 am by tonton »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:20:47 am »

Please upload your crash dump to a better location. I cannot access the dump where it is stored. Do you have drop box or skydrive?

tonton

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:05 am »

strange that it don't work, anyway i uploaded it here : http://enhtf2trader.free.fr/crashdump/hl2_4104_crash_2013_5_18T21_50_35C0.mdmp

don't know if it can help but my OS and steam is installed on G:/, i'm on Win8 x64 and i use 2 screens (i tried with -windowed in case of..).

i already tried to :

- reinstall the game,
- redownload the game
- verify the cache of source sdk base 2007
- the commands -novid -dxlevel81 -autoconfig -windowed (not all in same time)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:40:17 am by tonton »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 10:29:54 am »

There is something wrong with the installer you used. I suggest downloading the server zip and just unzipping it all ontop of the installed files. You are missing the scoreboard background image and most likely several other files (this is what the MDMP told me).

tonton

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:51:24 pm »

ok i got it working, i uninstalled ges and downloaded the  "4.2.1 Full Install | [EXE]" (took me several hours the mirror is very slow, about 70ko/s)  and now it work well.
before i was using Full 4.2 (it was crashing) installed 4.2.1 update and it was still crashing.

for some reason moddb http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source list 4.2 full on the front page.

thanks for help.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:54:05 pm by tonton »
Pages: [1]   Go Up