GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:43:32 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bug] Nonsense  (Read 6799 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
[Bug] Nonsense
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:16 am »

I keep getting this and I'm pretty annoyed:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Before this, I would stay logged in forever, visit the board and it would show me not as logged in.  I would visit a thread and my status would change to logged in.  This leads me to believe there's something wrong with the cookies.

Found this - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=254093.0

- It took me 5 or more times just to get this thread posted without that error.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

liamcadhain

Re: [Bug] Nonsense
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:10 am »

I got that same error message twice while trying to post to threads. On both occasions though I accidentally mistyped my password and logged in on the second attempt so I just assumed it was an authentication issue.

On both occasions logging out, clearing the browser history and logging back in again properly seemed to do the trick for me
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:58:29 am by liamcadhain »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:13:35 am »

the same happened to me. tried it several times and then it worked again. but really annoying. it´s clear to see that  it´s release time - the technique breaks down everywhere ;-)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:21:29 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:15 am »

I thought I was the only one. I had to clear my whole cache and cookies to get it to work again, And even then, I still had the issue. Logging out didn't work for me, I had to delete my cookies to log out. I sometimes needed to go on IE to post stuff, But then again, The bug would happen on IE after one post.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

had the same issue again, couldn´t write anything without this damn error message. like namajnaG I changed to IE and it works. but I don´t know for how long. release time is really cursed. some evil demons try to strike terror into people´s hearts
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:05:37 pm »

I cannot tell you how many times I've had this error.  To fix it for me, I have to logout and I get a session error, and then clear my cookies.  Then if I want to make another post, I have to do the same thing.  How stupid.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:22 pm »

What browser are you girls using?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 01:35:08 am »

Chrome by default, Tried on Firefox and IE. Firefox didn't ever work at all. I had to clear my cookies and cache again to post this.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:57:43 am »

I have the same issue.  I couldn't even use 'Logout'
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 09:29:51 am »

testing

EDIT: Usually I get the error also.  Tested on Firefox 13.0.1 and Chrome 20.0.1132.47 m.  Firefox is my obvious weapon of choice, as Chrome blows Dalmation cock.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:34:56 am by Proxie »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 05:31:20 am »

Is someone looking into this issue?  I'm getting sick of having to clear my cookies everyday.

namajnaG

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:11 am »

For the last two days, It's gone for me.

liamcadhain

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »

For the last two days, It's gone for me.

Same here but then it just cropped up again on me as I was posting a reply on another thread a few minutes ago

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »

Happening here all the time :(

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 06:11:17 am »

When will this nonsense stop?

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »

Someone left the jar open and now all our cookies are stale.  :-X
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 03:39:31 pm »

I haven't been able to post since a few days (hopefully this is working now).
Anyone has a clue why this is happening?
I never had this issue before.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 05:13:58 pm »

Let me take a wild guess here:

You are all logging into the website from forums.goldeneyesource.net

I have fixed the issue... instead of mirror our website I am redirecting directly to our main hosted url geshl2.com

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 08:17:03 am »

No, I'm logged in at forums.geshl2.com.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 10:21:01 am »

No, I'm logged in at forums.geshl2.com.
Same here. Using Firefox 12. Clearing cookies for geshl2.com before opening the site helps temporary.
Now i use 1 hour or 1 day login time, before i used "forever".

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 01:25:36 am »

I have applied this hotfix to the SMF code: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=447598.0

You may need to clear your cookies for this site, or simply logout and login again.

If you see the session error message again, post here (if you can haha)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 04:21:22 am »

Thank you Killer Monkey for fixing that annoying bug!

liamcadhain

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 12:29:52 am »

Thank you Killer Monkey for fixing that annoying bug!

This. Good to know we can post properly on the forums and hopefully not encounter that bug again
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up