GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:04:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Halloween from MI6  (Read 37625 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Happy Halloween from MI6
« on: October 30, 2014, 08:35:20 pm »

Hello everyone! As you all know the trees are changing color, the days are getting shorter, and with that its the perfect opportunity to redecorate a well known map. Halloween is tomorrow!, and with this well known holiday of tricks and treats, we thought we would bring our loyal fans a special gift.

Please welcome ge_library_halloween:

A nightmare carved from pumpkin and stacked onto a hot Lava basement, spiced up with teleportation voodoo and explosive Pumpkins. This map has been a project of love from our fellow team member Kraid for the past month, and while it is not an Official map, we just had to show it off!

Thanks goes to markpeterjameslegg for that disgusting wonderful loading screen, Sound Of H for the three music tracks, as well as all the people that helped with their input and suggestions.

Here's the map for server and clients that do not want to download directly from a server:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/20oo7cboiyx9web/ge_libraty_halloween.zip

In case some admins want to provide a faster download, here's a .bz2 of the map:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tvac33j0myhbcwt/ge_library_halloween.bsp.bz2
(Put it either next to the map in the maps folder or use a fast download mirror if you have that)

Stay tuned for some more mod related news within the coming months. We have some stuff in the pipeline that we are getting close to showing off, so please bear with us for the time being.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:44:54 pm by JcFerggy »

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Happy Halloween from MI6
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »

LOL... Your welcome. And the map is awesome :)

EDIT: Of course, the fact it came out today instead of tomorrow means my release date is now wrong LOL :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:06:40 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »

downloading c:

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 05:38:15 pm »

Great job guys!  Hope to see it tonight.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 04:45:30 am »

Kraid, this map is very good.  Thank you for making it.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 11:52:03 am »

I think Kraid should have come on as a secret super human Michael Myers character and run around slashing everyone to the Halloween theme LOL... That would have been epic. Especially if every time someone killed him he just sat back upright :)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:12:13 am »

Awesome job. Awesome update event from GE:S!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 06:26:10 pm »

I think Kraid should have come on as a secret super human Michael Myers character and run around slashing everyone to the Halloween theme LOL... That would have been epic. Especially if every time someone killed him he just sat back upright :)
Play LALD. Baron stands up everytime you kill him with something other then the Golen Gun.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 01:56:08 am »

This was a fantastic Halloween Treat Kraid :)

I hope everyone had an awesome halloween

Barefoot Girl

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Barefoot Girl has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 05:51:46 pm »

Bots not supported?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 11:55:50 am »

Nope. No AI nodes in this map. They can be added though even from inside the game.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Map_edit

I just didn't bother to add some last year because the map had to be ready at halloween and it's a fun map that should be played with friends.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:57:59 am by kraid »

Barefoot Girl

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 10:12:43 pm »

So... any chance of adding bots to the map for this halloween?

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 07:03:28 am »

Bot's could be added, but in their current state they wouldn't be able to traverse certain area's of the map.

Barefoot Girl

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 07:32:57 am »

You mean the platforming section? I wouldn't mind if they never even went downstairs to be honest. I pretty much stay away from that area anyway (Because I always fall in the pit lol)

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 01:34:14 pm »

hmmm wonder what other maps would make good halloween levels?

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 02:57:02 pm »

Bot's could be added, but in their current state they wouldn't be able to traverse certain area's of the map.
TBH, i never tried adding bots, but i can imagine that they could have issues with some of the rather uncommon machanics in this map.
e.g. the random destination teleporter.
Other locations like the allmost invisible maze might not be an obstacle for the bots, since they don't see the enviroment like regular players.

@Rick: theoretically every map since you're able to change the mood of the map while editing.
Even cradle could make up a good Halloween map, it would be just a very complicated edit with lots of custom content.

like: turning all catwalks into wooden ones with hanging bridges and replace the dish with something like a giant creature mouth or vulcano beyond.
Using a nighttime scene ofc. and light up the rest with candles and pumpkin lights.

But in general classic maps that have a simple level of detail are best to edit.

Also there's a difference between a simple edit like i did with ge_stack_xmas which in huge parts was only a retexturing, decal and prop placement thing and ge_library_halloween which was built from scratch.

The reason for building it from scratch is simple, i needed that 128x128 units pattern and some space inbetween first and second floor for the displacements to work correctly.

In fact the whole upper level area consists of these little square blocks turned into displacement.
I'd call this kind of level building the minecraft approach. ;)

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 01:52:30 pm »

I was going to release a halloween map for one of my levels but figured it wouldn't be good enough so maybe christmas if I have time  ;)

Rick Astley

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 01:18:19 pm »

I was going to release a halloween map for one of my levels but figured it wouldn't be good enough so maybe christmas if I have time  ;)

Nice...what level was it?
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up