GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:39:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 1/26/09  (Read 38300 times)

Spirit55555

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spirit55555 has no influence.
    • Spirit55555's Website
Re: GES Update 1/26/09
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 08:12:07 pm »

A GRATIS MODIFICATION
ROFL ;D
"Work smart, not hard"

http://spirit55555.dk

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 09:41:11 pm »

Oh man. I meant to write a comment yesterday when I saw the update the first time..but I never got the chance. AWESOME work you guys. This looks so promising and wonderful. I love to see perfect hit detection (as far as i can see from that video). AWESOME coding killermonkey. :) I can't wait till February. However, I have 5 critiques.

1) First, the weapon selection side bar has got to go. I thought you guys decided on a selection method this for this version that didn't involve the side bar from beta 1. Did none of them make it in the beta? Or at least, like a previous post said, get rid of the half life 2 sound. :)

2) I am not sure if it really is or not, but it truly seemed like the AR-33 had PERFECT accuracy...which seems a little unrealistic on a few of the kills that were shot on runway from like half way across the map. He was also burst shooting with 1 or 2 bullets and they nailed the other person every time. Just seems a little to accurate for an AR-33 while standing that far away. :)

3) Guess this isn't really a critique, but Ryan told me that there was an option to disabled the first person death cam. So if I disable that (because half life 2 physics jolt the body too much to where it makes me sick) will it just zoom out to a 3rd person view of my body dying like in counterstrike source? Also, I assume that I will also not get the blood going down the screen if I were to turn off the first person cam. Is that correct?

4) The phantom didn't seem to do very much damage. Did it seem a little weak in power to anyone?

5) The blood going down the screen was a really good implementation..however I didn't like the fact that it went "choppy." I prefer a smoother blood flow going down the screen. Maybe for the next release? Just a suggestion.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:45:22 pm by bklax23 »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 09:53:03 pm »

1] thats hardly a deal for a beta, of course later we will work on this.

2] he used aim-mode, didnt you see the xhair, and he was using burst firing. To get better at our game play like he does....

3] not sure on this, maybe ryan is right, ive personally not investigated but blood will go down the screen no matter which view so up to you.

4] all weapons are extensively par to their n64 counterparts period. If its something, its your perception over time or false calculation.

5] The footage for the trailer must be noted as being outdated animation. A new animation has been put in this week, others could confirm but i believe its a vast improvement!  [my comp is down i cant play our internal beta to be more precise in these answers]

:D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:55:21 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:21 pm »

Confirmed*

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:08 pm »

1) Personally, I use wheel and direct keys, so you don't need to see the weapon selection bar if you don't want to.  Fast switch for the win.

2) AR-33 is a powerful weapon, and very accurate when used appropriately.  Perhaps you also saw the part where I started spamming it at Oddjob and did next to nothing.

3) I am not abreast of death cam options.

4) Phantom is a powerful weapon, as mighty as AR-33.  However, it has one of the widest accuracy ranges.  The clip used isn't a great demonstration of how to use Phantom efficiently, but it was a better clip than the one I originally selected, which had too much running-around, and Phantom was still effective, which is good news for the unskilled, and for me when I'm being nooby.

Also worth noting is that shotguns have been buffed a bit since filming.

5) Not my department.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 10:53:36 pm »

Death cam has an option to turn first-person off.  Same with blood screen.  This will all be explained during the release.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 10:55:09 pm »

VC*
Also worth noting is that shotguns have been buffed a bit since filming.

By buffed do you mean increased damage?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 10:58:52 pm »

It's more of a gamma ramp.  Minimum damage is unchanged, maximum damage is unchanged (though it was buffed above Goldeneye 007 for balance reasons at an earlier time), but mid-range damage is increased.  This makes its usefulness drop off more slowly over range.  It's still poor over a distance, but between the buffs it was having trouble in dogfights that it should have been strong in.

Since the second adjustment I've heard nothing but positive feedback in testing.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 11:02:38 pm »

Awesome. Thanks guys for the fast responses and thanks for updating all of us on some of the recent developments....now we are all just waiting for the update that says what day beta 3 will be released. :)

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 06:04:36 am »

1. On the situation with weapon selection a few of the devs have discussed some ideas but in beta 3 the side bar will be the weapons selection, and besides you can always have quick weapon switch on to make it like ge64.

2. Same as wake said he was zooming in using burst fire so the spread stayed low, read vc's tutorial on how to play for more specifics of the method he uses.

3. Here let me just post a pic of the multiplayer menu (if any dev thinks this shouldn't be announced/release feel free to edit) (KM: Outdated!!)

*Dual weapons are not in beta3.

4. Take in mind the phantom was never in multiplayer but all our weapons have been intensively checked and tested to make sure they fit their counter-parts.

5. I know the team wants to do more with the blood on the screen but right now this is just the first version in game almost like a proof of concept but it works rather well and it is smooth.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:37:33 am by killermonkey »
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 07:14:44 am »

Well I guess that cat's out of the bag now, haha
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 07:17:40 am »

OMG RYAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lol Just kidding... I dont have a problem showing that.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 07:18:34 am »

I cleared it with spider after I posted, he said it was fine and it will help clear up a lot of questions we are getting.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 07:31:36 am »

*Smacks face* Thats an outdated view.... it really isn't that messy

Here is what you will *REALLY* see on the multiplayer options:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:37:01 am by killermonkey »

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 08:45:07 am »

Ands that's why you clear stuff beforehand, hahaha
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up