GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:38:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Years Community Map Pack 2015  (Read 53412 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
New Years Community Map Pack 2015
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:55:17 am »

GoldenEye: Source Community
Community Release Section (CRS)
Dated: 18-1-2015
Not Top Secret
Strictly Non-Confidential – Tell EVERYONE

GoldenEye Fans,

Welcome back for another community update. Today we are announcing and releasing our next Community Map Pack. Two are faithful recreations of classic GE007 maps, and one is a welcome departure from the GoldenEye genre. Each map's description is written by the map developer. Call it their final words; their reasoning for developing the map and crediting the people who helped them along.

Each of these maps were made by a GoldenEye: Source Team member, but were designed to be released separate from an official update. Although these maps are being promoted in a map pack, only Archives Classic will be included in future releases of GoldenEye: Source. These are fantastic quality maps, and we hope everyone will enjoy them as much as we had testing them.  Nevertheless, let's dive into the details of each map.

Created by Cy

"The map orientates itself towards the N64 classic layout as close as possible in order to capture the original feeling. In addition the map features some new high-res-textures and bot support for multiplayer experience. It took 6 months until the map was done: January - April 2014 and continued in December - January. While game artist Kraid modeled the exploding brake units, our new music artist Mesmonium created a new remix for Train. The map features the alpha version of the track. At last Graslu made the loading screens. Thank you all very much." -Cy

Created by Torn

"A tear in the spacetime continuum has merged our reality with that of the Mushroom Kingdom. In a world where General Ourumov reigns supreme, he plays a twisted game of cat and mouse as he reminds players that they can not, in fact, win.

Blockfort was approximately a 3 to 4 week project, that began with a passing comment by JcFerggy along the lines of  "I heard there was a blockfort Mario Kart map, I kind of want to see it" What started as somewhat of a joke attempt to create the original blockfort in a matter of hours, turned into making it a decently balanced, albeit silly multiplayer map. The original layout has been slightly modified to have interior sections that help to spruce up game flow. All team game modes are fully supported, and bot support is included.

The map became very much a community effort, and I thank everyone for their involvement. Kraid's tree sprites, Graslu's music, JcFerggy's texture help and loading screens, and Adrian's skybox all came together to help make the map what it is. And of course Luchador's assistance with hosting the map for us to test it. Their portraits can be found hanging in the map... if you know where to look. Along with a few other easter eggs strewn about." -Torn

Created by Adrian

"Archives Classic is a faithful recreation of its N64 counterpart, from its scale and lighting to its high-res texture work.

The tight scale gives the map a niche for close-quarters combat. The classic aesthetics and setting bring memories of chasing after and rescuing Natalya while avoiding the hail of bullets from Russian soldiers. There was only one deviation from the original I had to make. The original multiplayer map was just the frontzone (the starting room, pillar room, tight hallways and the offices). This area was hardly suitable in multiplayer for even three or four players. The doors leading to the main room, and the rest of the backzone, were locked. In this, I unlocked them for more gameplay opportunity and playable space.

The map started as my trial project at the end of August, and was my gateway to joining the dev team. After four months of work, the map reached its final stage in the middle of December. This was one of the most important stepping stones for me. It was not only my first official project for the mod, but it was a chance for me to further develop my skills and get to know my tools more intimately. This was also where I made my first model, the cardboard crates which are strewn about. I worked closely with Mangley and Luchador while developing this. I cannot thank them and the beta testing team enough for their support and input. This map was an absolute pleasure to work on and I look forward to producing more content in the future!" -Adrian

*Note: This is an official GoldenEye: Source map and will be included in future releases. The version in this Map Pack may not represent the official release build.

We'd like to thank the community for all the years of support and hard work you've given. For all the content and events the community creates between our releases makes this one of the longest and best communities around. Rest assured the wheels behind the scenes are still moving and that the future holds some awesome content for the dedicated player base. We're very lucky to have you.

Furthermore, if you have a skill or know someone with a skill you think would be useful for the mod, be sure to apply! Apply here.

-Team Goldeneye: Source

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:11:36 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Re: New Years Community Map Pack 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 03:06:16 am »

Tried all links, cannot get it to download.

edit: nevermind it worked.

Congratulations fellas on a fantastic release :D!
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 07:13:37 am »

...DUYU.

MultiplayerX

• HACKER! / Indie Mapper / Half Life 2 Scientologist
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.MultiplayerX has a powerful will.
    • Code Legends
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:38:18 pm »

Nice work dewds!   Trying them now!

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 06:38:58 pm »

Good to see Archives Classic and Train being a well received and refreshing change-up in the WNx server rotation  :D

Great work guys!
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 09:48:06 pm »

Good to see Archives Classic and Train being a well received and refreshing change-up in the WNx server rotation  :D

Great work guys!

You sir cannot go without a bit of appreciation as well! Great job on your map Torn!

illwieckz

• Agent
  • illwieckz is looked down upon.
    • gg.illwieckz.net
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:54:15 pm »

Hi, both classic maps seems great  ;D , I want to host them on my server but I'm not interested in the blockfort map for my server (however I will probably be happy to play it on other servers or on LAN :P ). How can I install train classic and archives classic on my server without installing blockfort ? Which file can I delete without breaking something  :)

Thanks in advance.  ;)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 08:35:57 pm »

Hi, both classic maps seems great  ;D , I want to host them on my server but I'm not interested in the blockfort map for my server (however I will probably be happy to play it on other servers or on LAN :P ). How can I install train classic and archives classic on my server without installing blockfort ? Which file can I delete without breaking something  :)

Thanks in advance.  ;)

Extract the archive and then delete the following files/folders in addition to the bsp:

materials/VGUI/loadingscreens/ge_blockfort_torn.vmt
materials/VGUI/loadingscreens/ge_blockfort_torn.vtf
materials/VGUI/loadingscreens/ge_blockfort_torn_widescreen.vmt
materials/VGUI/loadingscreens/ge_blockfort_torn_widescreen.vtf
materials/ge_blockfort_torn/
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2bk.vmt
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2bk.vtf
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2dn.vmt
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2dn.vtf
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2ft.vmt
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2ft.vtf
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2lf.vmt
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2lf.vtf
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2rt.vmt
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2rt.vtf
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2up.vmt
materials/skybox/sky_blockfort2up.vtf
scripts/music/level_music_ge_blockfort_torn.txt
scripts/soundscapes_ge_blockfort_torn.txt
sound/ge_blockfort_torn/
sound/music/duyu64.mp3
sound/music/ourumov_mario2.mp3
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:37:56 pm by soupcan »

illwieckz

• Agent
    • gg.illwieckz.net
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 06:40:00 am »

Thanks for your answer, I added these map on my server then activated http autodownload, files are available to http autodownload, my gesource client downloaded the maps from server, but I get that on "ge_archives_classic":

and that on "ge_train_cy":

In fact it appears that some files like "models/props/archives_classic/classic_crate01.mdl" (for example) were not autodownloaded unless these files are available to download (test it), and autodownload works (the "gesource/maps/ge_archives_classic.bsp" file was successfully autodownloaded for example).

I can extract the zip on my computer to fix that for me, but I know that people who will attempt to autodownload form my server will have broken maps…
Have you an idea about what is happening?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:17:31 am by illwieckz »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 01:40:38 pm »

You need to use SM downloader or create a res file for each map.  This will force the clients to download the data.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 02:20:06 pm »

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We make sure to include a .res file next time.
Meanwhile, any server admin who wants to share his .res files for these maps here?

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 03:16:24 pm »

Hi illwieckz! I apologize for overlooking the .res files. You can find them here. Simply extract these files to your gesource/maps folder. Obviously, in your case, you won't need the "ge_blockfort_torn.res"

These .res files were created by WNxBadPlayer and shared by WNxGraslu. Many thanks to those two for saving us!
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

illwieckz

• Agent
    • gg.illwieckz.net
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 07:07:15 pm »

Thanks a lot, it works:

So, my server gg.illwieckz.net serves these two map on rotation list with http autodownload. (And I confirm, if a map was partially downloaded previously, GE:S downloads missing files).  ;)

Thanks for all these maps are very nice, and thanks for the help.
For those who want, they can also download the .res here: ge_archives_classic.res, ge_train_cy.res;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:10:43 am by illwieckz »

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:11:04 pm »

I haven't played this mod in a while, this map pack is a nice way to convince me to play again. xD
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Wishful Thinking!

• Community GE:S Australia Admin
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Wishful Thinking! has no influence.
    • Wishful Thinking!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 12:06:28 pm »

Thanks for all these maps are very nice, and thanks for the help.
For those who want, they can also download the .res here: ge_archives_classic.res, ge_train_cy.res;)

Is it just the .BSP's that need to be converted to .RES?, and not the other files?.

Also, what should be the correct Web Path?
sv_downloadurl "http://www.example.com/gesource" I imagine?

Cheers.
..: PC Gaming & Anime | TeamSpeak 3: ts3.wishfulthinkings.net :..

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up