GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:34:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Find Server  (Read 4820 times)

jjester

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jjester has no influence.
Unable to Find Server
« on: July 04, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »

I just discovered the game yesterday and tried downloading it.  I followed the detailed install instructions from the wiki and registered with Steam, downloaded Steam onto my computer, bought the HL2 Deathmatch, the SPK 2007 program, and then downloaded the game itself trying to make sure the mod downloaded in the correct folder steamapps/sourcemods/gesource.

Still I am unable to find any servers on the list at all.  I even uninstalled everything and reinstalled thinking that I had made a mistake at some point.  I have noticed that in Steam when I choose GoldenEye it gives me this message: "Non-Steam Mod or Shortcut." 

What am I doing wrong?  How can I fix this?  I've spent most of the day tinkering with it and still can't figure it out.  I have already consulted the troubleshooting wiki also.

Thanks,

Jester

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Unable to Find Server
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:02 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up