GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:48:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Janus and MI6 round lose music swapped  (Read 2653 times)

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
Janus and MI6 round lose music swapped
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »

I've spoken with Audix and this is indeed a bug and not just a suspicion that I had. In the "player" folder where the sounds are kept, you have the four mp3s that play when MI6 wins and loses or when Janus wins and loses. However, the actual metadata tags within the mp3s for Janus_Lose and MI6_Lose appear to be swapped with each other - MI6 is tagged as "Janus Lose" and vice versa. Upon listening to MI6 win and Janus lose back-to-back, the supposedly intended way according to the tags, it makes more sense - they're both in the same key and follow the same variation on the Bond theme. The same is true for Janus win and MI6 lose.

This bug has been present for a few versions, but only just now did I get the confirmation from Audix that it's an actual bug and not just a choice made by one of the other devs.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Janus and MI6 round lose music swapped
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 06:05:45 pm »

Well found!
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »

I believe to remember it was a conscious choice I made for beta 3.1

In either case they may be shifted around / varied if our sound designers choose

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 03:30:47 pm »

I was curious about this in the Beta 3 era when I downloaded the soundtrack. Just figured I was interpreting it wrong...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:55 pm »

What was the reasoning behind the conscious choice of reversing it? Wouldn't it make more sense if they were in the right key?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up