GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:09:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advertisement for GoldenEye: Source  (Read 13708 times)

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
Re: Advertisement for GoldenEye: Source
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 03:27:39 am »

Ever thought of bothering SourceForge?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 10:20:10 am »

Goldeneye Source made me reinstall HL2 and Steam to be able to play mods.
But i also bought TF2 just because i wanted to play a Orangebox Mod before they released Source SDK Base 2007.
I also sent a friend HL2DM as a gift just to play some GES with him.

As you can see, i'm a GE crazy and i doubt that i'm the only one.

What we have to do now, is reaching as many as possible of the ppl who are able to play this mod + the ones who would buy a game just to be able to play GES.

Zaichata

• Agent
  • Zaichata has no influence.
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 11:56:38 am »

Well okay, you claim you have 10 000 people to which you're making the game for, which is good, but every time i log on Goldeneye to play there are like, what, 30 people max on the entire game?

So if you'd say that for 10 000 people who follow this mod and obviously own it, there are about 30 players online at maximum, and on avarage, when i log on in my time zone in the evening (GMT + 1), mostly about 5-10 players.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 04:30:06 pm »

Well okay, you claim you have 10 000 people to which you're making the game for, which is good, but every time i log on Goldeneye to play there are like, what, 30 people max on the entire game?

So if you'd say that for 10 000 people who follow this mod and obviously own it, there are about 30 players online at maximum, and on avarage, when i log on in my time zone in the evening (GMT + 1), mostly about 5-10 players.

But these 10,000 people (I'm still not sure where you get these numbers) don't all play GE:S every day...

GE:S does have an 'inner community' of dedicated players who play very often, and playercounts tend to snowball via Steam friends.. Often when I see someone on my Steam friends playing GE:S I join, and so do a lot of other people. Player counts in a server can quickly jump from 3 to 20 within just a few short minutes.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 04:44:59 pm »

We do know for a fact that many people don't play the current build because of the lag/prediction code error that Valve decided to fix a few months after we released.  Valve likes to break everything when we release..  and only when we release :/
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Zaichata

• Agent
  • Zaichata has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 05:05:33 pm »

Well yeah, i introduced it to my friend the other day who'se in my clan for CS:S. He liked it very much he said, looked gorgeous, had a nice feel to it, but he just couldn't get used to the combat system. For one he noted the lag (which seems to be on every server i go on, while my ping itself is always below 100) and the irregular collision detection.

I don't agree on the collision detection but i do believe there is too big a lag. Especially when i play Battlegrounds, another source mod, which does not lag while there are also maximum about 50 people online.

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 05:05:41 pm »

I swear that people only join servers when I join them. I mean, the place is nearly deserted beforehand, and then suddenly a bunch of people joined. For example, just yesterday, I was playing Empires in the [VIPER] clan server (no affiliation with me), and then, after a few minutes, a whole bunch of noobs who wanted to ruin our jeep race came in and started killing everyone. Then it turned serious. And then someone jumped in our comm. vehicle and drove it into the water, making us lose the match.

Zwaken

• Agent
  • Zwaken has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 10:05:57 pm »

I say we kill people and leave notes on the bodies which say "Download Goldeneye: Source today!"

They'll get the idea.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 04:26:10 am »

I say we kill people and leave notes on the bodies which say "Download Goldeneye: Source today!"

They'll get the idea.

or they will think funeral homes just started a new marketing venture.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 04:15:12 am »

HAHAHA! fuck facebook im takin up Z's idea starting with ... *points finger* THAT BITCH RIGHT THERE!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 12:11:53 pm »

What´s with Computermagazine like GameSare , GamePro, and all the other magazin for games ?.
I just ran into that article on gamepro.com (Number 12)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 07:25:45 am »

I just ran into that article on gamepro.com (Number 12)

Very great. So have someone an idea to create a very good looking post ?
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Raevhallik

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2009, 02:38:58 am »

well, wouldn`t it be enough to make a tag of the GES logo, and tag it in other games or something?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2009, 03:44:35 am »

Yeah, go on source games like TF2, CS:S and L4D and tag your spray as a GE:S logo! sure thing, all the exposure we can. Im sure everyone knows of us, but convincing them to play a free mod isnt always as easy as it sounds for regular old gamers whose minds cant get around the idea that "beta" means shit, or incomplete. Basically not worthy of devotion until we say we are out of beta...its odd.

Our mod has the included gameplays in a solid state in beta 3.1.4. It will just get more stable and feature-packed with beta 4. These are the things we need to instill in the common gamer, we do compete with paid games playability and diversity sometimes exceeding!

3500 page views on moddb today. Sexy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:49:13 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up