GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 05:41:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiny cosmetic issue  (Read 3123 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Tiny cosmetic issue
« on: February 27, 2010, 01:14:42 am »

Maybe you noticed it already.

When the grenade launcher fires and when it reloads we see or rather we do not see parts of the model we are not supposed to see.
WHAT??
I think a pic will put it better.

Also it looks like (to me) the launcher moves before it actually fires any projectiles.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Tiny cosmetic issue
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 01:22:45 am »

Everyone noticed it already.

You don't have to make a new thread for every bug/issue you find, do you?

Personally I think the grenade launcher should use the same reload as every other gun... Keeps it consistent. Unless of course unique reload animations of a similar nature are planned for all the weapons eventually. I find that unlikely though.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 01:57:00 am »

The reload animation is different for two reasons.

1. It makes sense with the dropping of empty shells on reload that you tilt it upwards

2. The reload time is slightly longer then normal weapons for balance reasons.

To fill in that extra time I made a little special animation. As for the texture issues that is easily resolved by adding "$nocull" "1" to the .vmt for the grenade launcher texture.

And I agree with mangley, seriously man stop making a thread for every bug. Find 2-3 and THEN post.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 03:12:45 am »

Why whats the difference abug is abug is abug.  If i don't post it I will forget.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 04:17:07 am »

because every bug turns into a discussion that I have to track. If you want the bug fixed you listen to me. I don't have infinite time to troll through the forums to find all the bugs to fix.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 05:22:27 am »

We will not be making different drop animations for every weapon, or changing our current choices based on any opinion. As KM pointed out there was a special circumstance with this model, and that is that (no debate required on our design choices necesary).

Cheers keefy for pointing this out visually, i'm glad you did, but surely KM is valid in his assertion not every bug needs a thread. You could make user threads? "keefy's bugs" and keep updating it over time. Helps us out!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 10:17:53 am »

Quote from: KM
As for the texture issues that is easily resolved by adding "$nocull" "1" to the .vmt for the grenade launcher texture.
Ok for a quick fix, but we should do it the other way.
Please dupilicate the faces of the grenaderound case and invert their normals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up