GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 05:27:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon Impressions  (Read 3019 times)

Divideo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Divideo is looked down upon.
Weapon Impressions
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:27:11 am »

Hi, new to the forums, but not the game.  I love how the weapons look, but some of them are so weak their pointless.

1.  The Klobb first off has a lot of issues.  I find that its accuracy is way worse than what it was with goldeneye, and its damage is a joke.  You would be much better off just trying to hunt the other player down with your knife.  I know the gun sucked in the original, but not this much
2.  The moonraker is too powerful, but I love it very much!
3.  The DD44 should be a tad bit stonger
4.  The KF7 should be a bit stronger, and a bit more accurate
5.  zmg should be a tad bit stonger
6.  rc-p90 should be a tad bit stonger
7.  phantom a tad bit stonger

The rest of the weapons are good as far as I'm concerned

- So I am just trying to help.  You guys have done an amazing job so far, keep it up!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:30:23 am by Divideo »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Weapon Impressions
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 03:34:46 am »

Here is the thing, we got VC to go through and get every dead on to the 64 version, then changed some things up to fit the PC environment. The thing remains though is are you comparing then weapons that are "too weak" to single player? In single player there was no delay in damage given, so all your shots counted. If you went into multiplayer, you can see that they are close.

The Moonraker has been given a slight accuracy decrease compared to being perfect to adjust from having unlimited ammo.

All I can say is that you are not the only one who thinks this, but we always have VC to back up why we did things how we did.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 03:58:22 am »

rcp90 stronger? No thank you :)

Thanks for signing up and giving your thoughts. As ferggy said and its been mentioned countless times before. We did not guess the goldeneye feel, it was slaved by the weaponsmith himself and everything is in balance with the goldeneye standards, but MINORLY tweaked in the move to PC.

Popular opinion im afraid should not dictate our design choices, which is to stay in line with the game we are revisioning. You cant keep goldeneye in the retical if you make klobb useful, just like having moonraker be only as good as an automatic wouldnt be right as well!

Divideo

• Agent
  • Divideo is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:35:19 am »

I see your point.  I do remember the differences between multi and single play.  Everyone takes a lot of shots with just about every weapon.  After playing it for a while, you get used to it anyway.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 04:27:39 pm »

Klobb has been buffed, shined, polished, and gilded.  It's more accurate than ever, and does more damage.  And it's still the worst, that's how bad Klobb has always been.

KF7 received a tiny buff and it might get another, but it was always intended to be the Klobb of the Rifles.  Remember, it's the crap gun that the Russian Grunt Soldiers use to harass you throughout a mission without actually killing you.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 05:06:10 pm »

Crikey I hate to think how utterly useless the klobb was in previous versions.

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:15:11 pm »

Yeah, regardless, Klobb will always be everyone's least favorite, not matter what's done to it.  Can polish crap but it's still crap.  To be honest, I don't use automatics to often except the AR33, seems to be the only on that works well for me, and that's just it, not everyone is as good with the same weapon as someone else.  It's really how you handle it.  I know people that can use straight DD44, like myself, an entire match of three rounds and beat out people who have an RCP-90 or the GG, until they shoot me through a door pretty much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up