GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:48:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Gameplay] Agent Under Fire (Final)  (Read 28863 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Gameplay] Agent Under Fire (Final)
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 04:39:03 am »

I made a new star icon for the VIPs.  I'll release an update for this soon.

Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 09:14:59 am »

looks cool!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

liamcadhain

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 08:29:57 pm »

Nice icon Troy

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 08:39:47 pm »

Good stuff.

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:32 am »

The update is now available.  I have the latest version running on my server.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:33:29 am by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 03:41:38 am »

Minor changes

- Changing the cvar value of auf_adrenaline will no longer end the round prior to the round beginning.
- Added an EmitGameplayEvent when the warmup started.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:39:00 am by Troy »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 01:57:14 am »

I'd like to revive this game mode.  Does anyone have any ideas in what should be changed?

Change list

- Make the game mode start when it's 1 on 1.
- Create a Showdown! HUD message when it's 1 on 1.
- Possibly rework the Adrenaline into multiple shots.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:13:35 am by Troy »

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 10:00:59 pm »

Multiple adrenaline shots, perhaps adding up to a slightly shorter time, would be a nice change.  They would allow the VIP to escape from guards without then having an extra 5 seconds of super speed left over.  Whenever i was forced to use it, i would almost always go straight for the other VIP if he was close as it just felt like a waste otherwise.

One other thing I've always found a bit lackluster about this mode is the tendency for it to be decided right at the start.  The braver/luckier/tougher VIP will usually end up getting his team either RCP90's or lasers pretty quickly, as the shotgun easily beats out the DD44/PP7.  This then makes it near impossible for the enemy VIP to get his team an arsenal that competes, since the shotgun is mostly outclassed by the higher level weapons.  The match will usually go on for a few more minutes, but the outcome is pretty much decided once the first VIP goes down.  I think this mechanic worked well with the old system, where there was just one VIP, as it prevented things from getting too campy as a VIP that did nothing would soon get chewed up by P90 spam.  However, with multiple VIPs i think the that the advantage is a bit too persistent. 

Perhaps have a team's weapons drop a few levels or reset when they successfully kill a VIP.  This would still encourage VIPs to expose themselves and be proactive, as leveling up your team's arsenal would be a constant responsibility, rather than something you do at the start that lets you hide behind a wall of P90 spammers.  It would also help the loosing team regain ground, as their next VIP would have a much easier time defending himself and his team might have a weapon advantage over the enemy if the previous VIP got anything done.

This should be pretty easy to code up, so it's worth some testing if nothing else.  Can't wait for the new version!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up