GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:31:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Fix] Help, MountFilesystem Error!  (Read 12848 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: GE:S fails again
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:38 pm »

Fucking valve. Story of our mod  :-X

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »

Definitely a Valve issue. Had a few people come up to me with this error. Still no idea how to fix it!
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 04:59:10 am »

How the hell can you say this is GE:S fail?

Did you install a new update to GE:S? Did it work prior to a Valve update?

Wake up, you work in tech support, this post is embarrassing.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 06:30:49 pm »

KM gets angry again. ;D
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »

Steam updated for me as well, but I have no issues.

Nopeful_Engineer

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nopeful_Engineer has no influence.
Re: [Bug] Help, MountFilesystem Error!
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:30 pm »

Since Valve did it, i'm expecting them to fix it soon...

But how come I can run other source mods when this mod doesn't work? :o

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 12:46:38 am »

Mine is still working.
But i guess it is somehow related to Valve Updating their stuff for Linux.
They also fucked up HL1 stuff by changing the path it is installed to.
Just hope and pray that they won't break to much stuff this time.

I guess you allready tried things like launching sdk base 2007 and EP2, restarted steam and maybe even redownloaded some files.

And the other half of that story is that every mod for HL1 has successfully been broken with some major shitstorm going on even in the HL1 and CS forums because some people can't even play their original Valve games anymore even after redownloading them.

See http://www.moddb.com/mods/cry-of-fear/news/valve-have-broken-every-half-life-mod
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=4d5a92b175c036f7151994ab0a274bc1&t=3080953

and similar posts. Although when I checked back right on the day it happened, the HL1 forum was full of those threads claiming it couldn't even be fixed by redownloading - I can only imagine they have been removed to cover up that mess. (and that is not counting all the russian threads that had been posted at that time, which, I assume, all talked about this as well)

I mean that is like your mailman isn't bringing you your mail anymore, not because you have a custom mailbox (which the post office had new guidelines released for all of a sudden), but because he couldn't even find your house anymore because he's trying to fit in the new scene he discovered, where all people are smoking pot and he isn't used to doing it yet.

So as you already figured out what I was trying to say: releasing an update for HL1 on windows, not breaking the original game, as well as any mods just because they want to get with the linux "crowd" that will potentially buy and play it (which will sure be lots of people O:-))was quite unnecessary.
Breaking stuff with updates isn't anything new and there seems no testing process involved prior to "patch" release, because frankly, if something doesn't work out, the public outcry will tell them soon enough. And isn't particularly new that they also tend to break HL2 and HL2 mod stuff with some random update once in a while.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:51:12 am by coolDisguise »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:01 am »

Random stuff like the HL1 updates Valve distributed that were also discussed here:
http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7474.0.html

The result was: for some people something was broken, for some not and for some not everything at once.

Nopeful_Engineer

• Agent
  • Nopeful_Engineer has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 06:18:07 am »

So for some people, it was broken.

For others, no.

So, this glitch comes randomly?

cmack3

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • cmack3 has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 06:23:43 am »

Hey guys. I have the same error, mine was also after the steam update. Hoping for a fix. I run on Vista if that has something to do with it. I know Vista can be a pain :-X I've tried all of the suggestions I could find, and did those three different ways each, so I'm at a loss... I had a hunch it was probably a Valve issue of some kind though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:39:24 am by cmack3 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 04:21:56 pm »

There will be no fix coming from us. This is Valve's issue and they *should* release a fix within a week or so. This is there usual 6-month fuck-up.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 06:42:15 pm »

I hope they resolve it soon.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Trololo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Trololo has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 10:18:31 pm »

I sent a Steam Support ticket about this glitch, no answer yet though
Maybe we should all do the same

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 01:27:42 am »

We could send a million support tickets and they would still do crap all.

Trust me, Valve knows there is an issue, they will just take their goddamn time to fix it.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Mr.C

• Agent
  • Mr.C has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 02:35:24 am »

I saw in a link that it has something to do about a path change. Does anyone have any details on that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up