GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:54:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Weapon] Ourumov's TT-33  (Read 6543 times)

Arkady G. Ourumov

• Janus Operative
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Arkady G. Ourumov has no influence.
[Weapon] Ourumov's TT-33
« on: October 05, 2011, 04:06:46 am »

Greetings, tovarishchi!

I was, put simply, not very satisfied with my weapon of choice. It shone like the skin of an emotional vampire! How can I hide in shadows, plotting to bring back Mother Russia and scheming to bring about the demise of Bond, if my oruzhie painted such a vibrant target on me?

Don't believe me? Look:

A weapon of fine workmanship, I will admit. But, one for freshly booted footsoldiers of the Russian Federation, and not one of an old-blooded nationalist like myself! No, my Tokarev requires wear and tear, class, and a worn tarnish with the smoothness of year-old vodka. Like my breath.

With a liberal application of a mixture of a texture by Twinke Masta (combined with that of the default design), vodka, and my tainted saliva, I have reworked this well-designed weapon into one worthy of such a driven and intent villain such as myself.

And finally, spurned by the ways of my old Motherland, I was not content to hoard such a creation. Such an action could be seen as capitalist swinery! (This is a word. I have made it so.) So, here I share!

But don't fool yourself into believing this weapon will give you any sort of edge! You still can't win.

-----
Download Here
-----
To install, just drop the 'materials' folder into your gesource folder. I've included some default backups for your convenience, so there's no need to make any.
-----

Should note here in less cryptic terms:

The texture is part GE:S default, part Twinke Masta's TT-33 skin, for the DD-44. My part in this was simply applying textures from one file to another and scaling to match, some highlights, improvizations, etc.

Easiest thing in the world, in other words. Credit is given where due; don't thank me for it, I barely did a thing.

I think it looks better than default, though that's more due to the envmap being disabled in the VMT. The envmapping really saps the detail right out of the texture and, in my opinion, envmapping is always sort of ugly looking anyway.

I would've included a sound, but I can't figure out who the hell made the one I'm using, and since I can't credit them, I decided to omit it. Such a shame too, because it really makes the weapon feel like it's got a kick to it. Anyway, have fun with this.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:18:02 pm by Arkady G. Ourumov »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Weapon] Ourumov's TT-33
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:42:46 am »

haha, very nice, General.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:59 pm »

You are credit to the motherland.

Trivia: Ourumov's pistol in the movie was actually a Makarov PM
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Widdle Stinker

• Agent
  • Widdle Stinker has no influence.
    • http://dprtube.com/user/Widdle%20Stinker
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »

OOH, what a nice replacement! It kind of looks like the old one from an early version I saw screenshots of.

Arkady G. Ourumov

• Janus Operative
  • Agent
  • Arkady G. Ourumov has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:04 pm »

Trivia: Ourumov's pistol in the movie was actually a Makarov PM

Yeah, I know, and if I had any experience with rigging models with animations I'd totally swap out the DD-44 for a Makarov, but eh. *Shrug.* I can't even make a box in Blender. Lol.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 03:16:28 am »

Dude you crack me up, I love it!

terps4life90

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 04:11:59 am »

That's looks fantastic :D!
Pages: [1]   Go Up