GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:34:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: CROSSHAIR .. WHY NOT ?!?!  (Read 16004 times)

61stylo

CROSSHAIR .. WHY NOT ?!?!
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:40:33 pm »

Hello guys,

First i want to thank you all for bringing back those nice memories I had with Goldeneye64.

This mod is one of the best out there in my opinion.. it's done very well.. the maps look AMAZING as for the weapons.. they're incredible.

But one thing got stuck in my mind.. why didn't you guys make a transparent (goldeneye64) crosshair ?? that would be sweeeeet!!!

Keep up the good work guys!!

BTW

I quit playing cs thanks to GE:Source ^^

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: CROSSHAIR .. WHY NOT ?!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:02 pm »

Because GE64 never had a crosshair. Now if you want one you have to press Shift to aim, which also increases the accuracy of your weapon. If you want a crosshair to badly, get a whiteboard marker and put a dot on your screen :P

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »

Keep playing, it becomes second nature thanks to bullet tracers. Experienced players know where their shots will go without a crosshair.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:09:58 pm »

Ah, you will grow to like it man just keep playing. The no crosshair thing is one thing that sets GE:S apart from most other games. After playing GE:S for the last couple years I've realized that I probably don't need a crosshair in any game anymore. =P
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 04:00:15 am »

Reread the above posts and think about it, please...

~Edit: I'm thinking someone deleted their post because mine no longer makes sense.
Uh, yes it did. When you held down the "R" trigger button, it had a red crosshair for its "aim" function.
Ah, there it is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:19:28 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:38:50 am »

Its not a static crosshair, but an aim mode.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 01:07:35 pm »

Uh, yes it did. When you held down the "R" trigger button, it had a red crosshair for its "aim" function.

Dude, it's the same way. Except it might've been tougher to use Shift in a fixed position because you could get shot easier. That's why they make you walk and shoot. Just read the above posts.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 03:04:38 pm »

People complain about a gaming not being realistic and then they complain there is no crosshair..   I don't understand.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:22 pm »

People complain about a gaming not being realistic and then they complain there is no crosshair..   I don't understand.

lol they do that because they're so used to having a crosshair in the FPS games they play.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:06:27 am »

Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 01:04:51 am »

I love how people crit us about from what they remember from GE64; except we do and have  added everything that was in the original.

P.S. PLAY THE GE64 GAME FIRST AND THEN CRIT
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:10:25 am by Jeron [SharpSh00tah] »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 01:17:05 am »

I want Bond to walk faster after walking for a short while.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 12:45:03 am »

I want bond to wear shorts while shooting...

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 01:40:32 am »

I want to get laid.... Oh wait I already did!

Sorry, I criticized myself too soon!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
    • Steam Account
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 03:20:02 am »

I want to get laid.... Oh wait I already did!

Sorry, I criticized myself too soon!

QFT
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up