GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:25:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on Beta 3?  (Read 23279 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Opinions on Beta 3?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009, 05:39:19 pm »

You wont see custom animations until later. not our priority yet :P We want more solid gameplay, better server conditions and to slowly release more characters/maps, general content etc. Not special goldeneye treats.

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 07:09:49 pm »

After playing some more I've grown accustomed to certain maps and want to practice and play on those specific maps. The problem lies in the continuous map cycle. It's so annoying. You should let server owners get the option to allow voting or just keep replaying the same map.

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 07:21:24 pm »

I believe that's more of a server thing. I know that 1.1h was able to use mani and other server mods to enable this. I'm not sure if its possible to use these mods and all that stuff on B3 servers just yet.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2009, 07:16:22 pm »

First off, great game.  Keeping in mind its beta-ness, I have some suggestions in no particular order:

Get rid of the flashlight.  It a huge distraction, honestly, and screams HL2DM.  Map lighting could be improved overall.  It's just that you're not gordon freeman in the dark killing headcrabs.  Tell me, where is the light coming from? Where is the flashlight? Is it attached to the weapon? To me, if you were at least going to have it, it should be as dynamic as it is in L4D where it is properly used.

Get rid of ammo/weapon respawn sounds.  that snake "hissing" sound is annoying.  I believe weapons and ammo crates just faded back magically in Goldeneye.  I believe you've mentioned you're trying to phase out these sounds.

Death animations? Falling on knees, etc.

Silhouettes of the guns indicating who killed who, along with suicides and headshot images.

When the deathmatch round starts and the players are queued in, a fly in to the back of the head would be cool, but not necessary.  If you had a tournament mode, this would probably work best, along with a fixed cam of the map w/ description. "Janus Cradle, Cuba"

Shooting off hats (thought I'd throw this in there cause I love hats).

Rolling explosions! (as been mentioned)

Dynamic respawn timer.  Some might say this is annoying but it improves gameplay.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2009, 07:21:06 pm »

Welcome to the forums, mister president.

Some of the points you mentioned there are being discussed in other threads. As for the ammo respawning sounds, it's exctaly like GE007. it had that snake hissing sound as well.
You can shoot off hats on the current version by the way. Although it is better to aim a little downwards...

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 07:44:03 pm »

The Bad

- New complex tune  -  after a while it gets annoying and doesn't feel right for the map.
- New Temple tune   -  It seems a bit weird but doesn't annoy me that much.
Thanks for complimenting my Cradle and Bass's Runway track, though I'm sorry you didn't like these two. You can download the official soundtrack and mix and match tracks as you wish: http://ryanlobbins.com/mods/goldeneye/downloads/GES_Beta3_OST.zip

Also, this is actually the first time I've heard from someone that didn't like these tracks. :)

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »

Welcome to the forums, mister president.

Some of the points you mentioned there are being discussed in other threads. As for the ammo respawning sounds, it's exctaly like GE007. it had that snake hissing sound as well.
You can shoot off hats on the current version by the way. Although it is better to aim a little downwards...

My memory is not that good at two hundred years, so if that is the case concerning respawned items, nevermind then.  Thank you for your corrections.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:21 pm »

Death animations? Falling on knees, etc.

Silhouettes of the guns indicating who killed who, along with suicides and headshot images.

When the deathmatch round starts and the players are queued in, a fly in to the back of the head would be cool, but not necessary.  If you had a tournament mode, this would probably work best, along with a fixed cam of the map w/ description. "Janus Cradle, Cuba"

Shooting off hats (thought I'd throw this in there cause I love hats).

Rolling explosions! (as been mentioned)

Dynamic respawn timer.  Some might say this is annoying but it improves gameplay.

Mr. President, your birthday is tomorrow. You're not 200 yet.

About those points:
- Flashlight is server toggleable.
- Ammo respawn sound is the same as the GE64 one.
- The gun silhouettes were actually removed in this beta.
- Shooting hats is possible.

- And I'm pretty sure there's a dynamic respawn timer. I know there's a dynamic spawn system that tries to spawn you as far away from your enemy as possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up