GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:11:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Texture Artist  (Read 7605 times)

Robert B.

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robert B. has no influence.
Texture Artist
« on: July 30, 2007, 08:34:26 am »

Hey all,

I've done work for various other modifications in the past and I would like to get some more portfolio work done so I thought i'd hit you guys up. I am a Texture Artist, Graphic Designer & Web Developer. I've worked with Black Mesa: Source, Insurgency: Source and the very old (none of you will remember these guys) and retired Hostile Planet mod team. I mainly texture Props, Players & Vehicles. However I am capable of creating environment art and other bits and pieces of digital art for the game worlds.

Visit www.Robert-Bonner.com to view my portfolio.

You give me the UVW and I'll skin it. I have about 2-15 hours a day for the next three weeks to do work, so if you need things done now is a great time.

Thanks,
-Robert

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
Re: Texture Artist
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:37:41 am »

It's not specificially my department, but something tells me the correct person will be in touch with you very shortly. Glad you applied  ;D
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

dlt

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • dlt has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 12:21:24 pm »

I have had a look at your portfolio and you have some nice stuff in there. It doesn't seem to have any game related stuff in it but with the talent you have show I'm sure your game stuff is very good. Also BMS and INS are top mods with great art. When baron or lodle come along can you bump Robert to trial member and we will give you something to work on. We always start people off on trial as we get a lot of time wasters but once you finish one bit of work then we can bring you on too the full team :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:15:44 pm by dlt »
The hunt is on!

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 05:59:17 pm »

Hey thanks for applying.  You'll have to wait for one of the leads to bump you to trial, but I had a few questions in the meantime.  You would need someone to UV models for you, correct?  Are you familiar with normal mapping techniques? If not, are you open to learning these techniques?

Looking forward to seeing what you can do. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 04:39:16 am »

your one of these people that i see that has a lot of potential to take a really fantastic skill set to make them into a really good texture painter. ill bump you to trial, go ahead and make a new thread in the trial members section, and we can get you something to do.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:47:21 am by Jonathan [Spider] »
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Robert B.

• Agent
  • Robert B. has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 08:46:38 am »

Yes unfortunately at the moment I need someone to UV them for me. Yes I know normal mapping techniques. I'll post in the trial area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up