GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:57:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't setup Hammer  (Read 5373 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Can't setup Hammer
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:53:40 am »

On your Wiki, where it says, "Pick the Edit Game Configurations option. Click Add and enter the following:", there is no "Add" button anywhere, so I can't enter the necessary text. Double clicking "Edit Game Configurations" just reports back with "No Game Configurations To Run With".

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: Can't setup Hammer
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:58:31 pm »

Go to your steam directory/Steamapps/Your username/sourcesdk/bin/source2007/bin

Then you should find a file called GameConfig.txt, Open this up, And paste the following. If the file does not exist, Create it, And don't forget to replace your username at a few places, As well as changing the directory if it is incorrect for you, These are the default directories for an installation on a C: drive with a x64 OS.

Code: [Select]
"Configs"
{
"Games"
{
"Goldeneye: Source"
{
"GameDir" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource"
"hammer"
{
"GameData0" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\goldeneye.fgd"
"GameData1" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\base.fgd"
"TextureFormat" "5"
"MapFormat" "4"
"DefaultTextureScale" "0.100000"
"DefaultLightmapScale" "16"
"GameExe" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\Source SDK Base 2007\hl2.exe"
"DefaultSolidEntity" "func_detail"
"DefaultPointEntity" "ai_speechfilter"
"BSP" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vbsp.exe"
"Vis" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vvis.exe"
"Light" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\sourcesdk\bin\source2007\bin\vrad.exe"
"GameExeDir" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\Source SDK Base 2007"
"MapDir" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\sourcesdk_content\gesource\mapsrc"
"BSPDir" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\maps"
"CordonTexture" "tools\toolsskybox"
"MaterialExcludeCount" "0"
}
}
}
"SDKVersion" "3"
}

Then start up Source SDK and you should have Goldeneye Source in your configuration list for Source Engine 2007.
Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:29:33 pm by namajnaG »

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »

Thanks bud, I'll try that after my sandwich. :)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:24:31 pm »

Looks like namajnaG was faster.

Theoretically there are several ways of setting up Hammer to work with mods.
Unfortunatly Valve removed all their entries in Source2007 so there really is no game gonfiguration you could use to boot up Hammer on source2007 anymore.

So you have to do it that way.

But if you ever need to add another mod, you are able to use the procedure that is written on that wiki page.
As for me, I'm always doing this stuff by editing the gameconfig.txt directly.
It's faster and doesn't require a reboot of Hammer and the SDK.
Also even if there is a new version of GES someday, you're still able to use this setup on the SDK (unless the path or Foldername changes, or valve does something stupid again).

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 02:38:50 pm »

Doesn't work, as soon as I load up SDK, "GameConfig.txt" gets reset back to normal.

namajnaG

• namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 03:39:22 pm »

That's odd, Try copying the gameconfig.txt file from the source2009 directory and put it in your 2007 directory, That's what I had to do at first back then, Then add GE:S in Source SDK, If this one doesn't resets back again, Of course.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 03:58:40 pm »

Ha ha... Can't believe I didn't spot that... Take a closer look at the config you posted for me namajnaG, you might notice something right at the beginning that shouldn't be there. Anyway, it's working now.

namajnaG

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 04:29:21 pm »

LOL D'oh, My bad haha, What a silly mistake.
Good to know everything works now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up