GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:44:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing server help  (Read 4762 times)

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
Playing server help
« on: October 09, 2010, 05:15:49 pm »

Hi, I finally got the server files installed, i can run the batch file or i can just run the srcds exe which i get the following screen...

i guess this is ok so far??

but how do i physically load a map and start playing, and how would my friend in another town join?

thanks

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Playing server help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:35:14 pm »

I'd just use the batch file. And for someone else to join (of course this is if you have your ports setup correctly). Go to http://www.whatismyip.com and then send them your ip, and they can just connect via console with it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00:51 am »

You could install SM in your Dedicated Server folder and give yourself admin powers, So you can change the map/gamemode/weapon set/etc directly from the console.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:16:18 am »

You might also still use the normal rcon commands to do so when you're on the server yourself or use another server browser application (I forgot the name, but when only CS 1.6 was around and Steam just had started people used it frequently, it might have been HLSW or ASE) to send rcon commands to the server without playing on it and without having to modify your server.

Other than that it's easiest if you do like major suggested: use a batch script.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:20:04 am by coolDisguise »

aaronmarsh632

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • aaronmarsh632 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:15:51 pm »

Thanks for the replies, guna hav a play around 2day with it
Pages: [1]   Go Up