GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:56:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing GES on Win7?  (Read 5974 times)

wallworm

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • wallworm has no influence.
    • Shawn Olson Creative Arts
Installing GES on Win7?
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:47:58 pm »

I've just installed GES onto my machine that also runs a CS:S server. I've done this many time with various mods/games on WinXP/Vista/7 and Linux. But I cannot get GES to run. I do not know if this is a Win7 64 problem, a problem with GES because of the recent Orangebox updates?

Anyway, when I load GES, console spits out:

Steam is not active, running in -insecure mode.
Loading unsigned module server.dll
Access to secure servers is disabled
ConVarRef mat_dxlevel doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Game.dll loaded for "GoldenEye:Source"
Particles: Missing 'particles/error.pcf'

More notices about Particles Missing.

Then :

'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
SetupArrayProps_R: array prop '(null)' is at index zero.

And that is the end of the road. An infinite loop of starting console with this and crashing at the last item that pops up in a Windows Alert box entitled "Engine Error".

Any ideas, feedback?

I am sharing the orangebox folder that also runs CS:S if that has anything to do with it...

Thanks in advance.

Shawn Olson
www.shawnolson.net

WallWorm Mapping Clan
www.wallworm.com

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Installing GES on Win7?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:14:08 pm »

Make sure you downloaded the full GES .zip v4.0.2 and not just the update.

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:45:42 pm »

Make sure you downloaded the full GES .zip v4.0.2 and not just the update.

Yes... I downloaded both files. I am now doing a fresh install of everything with HLDSUpdateTool just to see if something is screwy. Any other ideas in case this doesn't work?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:30:58 am »

Well I'll tell you right off the bat it has nothing to do with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit). It's most likely the way you had your hlds setup, although you said you had other mods running on it (were they orange box mods?).

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 01:02:41 pm »

Well I'll tell you right off the bat it has nothing to do with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit). It's most likely the way you had your hlds setup, although you said you had other mods running on it (were they orange box mods?).

Yes, CS:S is running fine. It changed to OB a few months back.

But I opted to make a new directory for Goldeneye. I installed from scratch. Now GE is running on the server. But I am still unable to connect to it for some reason.

The console now always says "Could not establish connection to Steam servers." which I've seen off and on in the past with various instances of starting a game server. So I expected to be able to connect via LAN or the IP... but no such luck.

All Standard ports for other Source games are open and pointing to this server. All firewall exceptions are identical to other instances. (The same server runs CS:Source and Hidden:Source).

I could not find any mention of special ports in the Install Guide... Thanks in advance for your help again!

wallworm

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 03:53:25 pm »

OK... I now have it working correctly.

The problem: No one could connect because port forwarding was wrong because I have 2 Network Cards on the server. I had to tell GES to use the specific card that is bound to the IP address. In this case, I had to add this to the  batch file that loads the GES server:

+ip 192.168.1.100

Without adding that, GES kept using the other IP address assigned to the server... which isn't the IP the router was sending to.

Anyway, I'm glad I figured it out and hope this helps anyone else who might run into the problem.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:25:33 pm »

I was actually going to suggest that. I do that, as standard practice, for my dedicated testing server. It doesn't hurt to add it even if it works without adding it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up