GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 16, 2024, 04:25:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't connect to servers playing certain maps  (Read 3522 times)

taio

I can't connect to servers playing certain maps
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:39:51 pm »

The weird thing is, when I type map ge_insertmapnamehere into the console, it takes me straight there.

Any idea how to solve this problem? If you need additional info, please ask.

taio

Re: I can't connect to servers playing certain maps
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:42:41 pm »

When I connect, the loading bar says "Connecting to server...parsing game info....retrieving server info...Downloading (insert map/model/something here). Then it just stops there permanently.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 02:00:11 pm »

Make sure the version of GE:S you have is Beta 4.

If you're using an old version of the mod the map files will not match and so you cannot join servers.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

taio

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »

I downloaded beta 4, but the problem exists nonetheless.

I've found that if I create a server myself with the map, then everything's fine and I can play with others on that map. But I don't want to cycle through em all. DO you know of a less boring method of solving this?

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 02:26:17 pm »

Downloading (insert map/model/something here). Then it just stops there permanently.

Obviously all maps/models came with beta 4, shouldn't have to download anything special unless its custom, Try deleting the gesource folder and reinstall using the beta 4 .exe

But I don't want to cycle through em all. DO you know of a less boring method of solving this?

could try opening mapcycle.txt here
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource

and remove every map except the one you want played.

If your server does not show up to other players, type sv_lan 0 in the console and then do changelevel ge_map to restart it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:35:16 pm by Proxie »
Pages: [1]   Go Up