GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:02:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:s Servers for anyone....  (Read 4050 times)

Angeal

GE:s Servers for anyone....
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:25:35 am »

I am not going to mention the name of ourselves, not until a moderator says that we can, but we have recently invested in our own servers *own hardware and software* and hosting on 100mbit connections.

As we are new, we want to get our name out there. I am a very big fan of this mod, and have played since the very beginning when there was more bugs than source mods. :P

Anyway, I am willing to host three servers, all UK based for this mod.
There will be no charges for the server, we are doing this voluntary as you guys are also unpaid in your grand work. The only requirements we need are server admins and our website to be in the server name. I see this to be fair. The server runs with TCAdmin so mods can be installed automatically.

The servers will live for as long as you require them, and the offer will stand, even if you decline today.
Regards,

-Lee

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: GE:s Servers for anyone....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:15:51 am »

I see, well anyone is free and welcome to host our mod there is no special permission/contract involved.

The servers will live for as long as you require them
On this issue I choose forever lol :P

If you want people to help setup the servers, best to get in contact with myself, or major. We both have experience setting up servers for GES and specifically beta 4.

I personally wouldnt advise you giving out admin to general people from here who may ask. But if you want in-game admins for it, I can arrange a few folks from those who have been good and trustworthy regarding access to GES community perks over the years.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:59:38 am »

Or just devs and BTs... i could look after a server :D

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Angeal

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 02:44:29 am »

Admin as in server admin. Such as rcom/mani/metamod/etc
No one would have actual access to the server.

This may be delayed a little while due to us being sent the wrong motherboard and processors. Grrr!
Hopefully we should have the replacements by the end of the month, but who knows?

We are looking at this as more an advertising point of view. We would have our name written on the server of course so people will more than likely look at our site. :)

Angeal

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:01:14 pm »

I'm just installing stuffs for the box. It should be done tonight and sent the beginning of next week. :)

Angeal

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:08:39 am »

So, the server is up, supported by TC Admin.

I have GE:S beta4 installed.

If there is anyone interested in running the GE:S server, I shall give them access to it. It is hosted in Hampshire, UK.

Just post a message here if you are interested. (we have 24hour hardware and software support).

-Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up