GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:55:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Egyptian w/nades  (Read 7917 times)

117KAMI

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 117KAMI has no influence.
    • [117] KAMI
Egyptian w/nades
« on: May 29, 2009, 07:08:42 pm »

So I was just messing around on Egyptian today waiting for people to join the server and starting tossing nades all over the place. I noticed that in the big pillar room with the body armour, there are all the slim windows towards the top of one wall. If you throw a nade out the window, two seconds later it hops back in the room. As if there is a guy out there with a tennis racket.

I don't think it's a problem, (unless it stems from something bigger that I don't know about). Just funny and I thought I'd share.
grenade launchers in the complex

jjmusicnotes

Re: Egyptian w/nades
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 02:52:27 pm »

Please someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the grenades are bouncing back toward you because they are rebounding off of the Skybox drawn around the window - if the Skybox were shallow enough.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:31:34 pm »

JJ, that would be my guess too

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:56 pm »

Didn't the mines disapear when thrown at the skybox?
Should be the same with nades.

117KAMI

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 117KAMI has no influence.
    • [117] KAMI
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 04:41:32 am »

Maybe, I don't know if I would be able to see the difference. You would have to try it for yourself to see.
I will say that you can see the grenade go into the window frame and it takes a second or two to come back; a clear difference then just bouncing it off the wall. But it could very well be my perception.  :-\
grenade launchers in the complex

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:34:18 pm »

It wouldn't be the same because mines stick when thrown.  Unless you have a sticky grenade (like in Rainbow Six,) those bad boys are just gonna bounce all over the place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up