GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 06:25:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ges-stats.com  (Read 15428 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: ges-stats.com
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 05:17:15 pm »

For now, hl stats is the best way for the mod to have stats. Personally i dont get why people on here even say things like "gtfo noobs that take my points" etc..you realise you dont have a game if you act so retarded towards the community and act like they those below you are ruining your "owning"? tbo you WANT people to come, and you want them to enjoy themselves and for GES to be fun.

Otherwise, you are working against us in a big way.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 06:23:54 pm »

Personally i dont get why people on here even say things like "gtfo noobs that take my points" etc..

If that was a ding towards me, note that I was recommending high-rankers (if they care) to stray from rooms filled with low-rankers, as losing a crap-load of points is inevitable because you end up having to kill around ten people per death just to break even. (Difficulty +/- depending on how many there are.)

Just clarifying. Nothing against other players, just the circumstances. They're just in there having fun like the rest of us.
Hell, lower score doesn't mean lower skills. They're likely just new to the game, but can still be excellent in the FPS genre.

~Edit for grammar.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:40:53 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 06:44:20 pm »

I get my points from round awards.  Marksmanship is all over me. :D
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 06:55:08 pm »

Yeah, I too seem to always get most (if not all) the round award slots. It's rare for me not to get Marksmanship. :) I don't really have issues playing with low ranked peoples. Yes, seemingly every death takes a sizable chunk of points, but I always seem to recover. What I'm saying is, I see nothing wrong with the ranking system, and I see no reason to avoid noob filled servers. Exerting effort to do so would only show your cowardice and lack of real skill.

But either way, they're just points. Pointless points at that. Just enjoy playing the game, and the others who play it with you. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:57:11 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 11:21:42 pm »

I don't have a problem with playing with "noobs". Hell, I was playing with WNxNalle (rank#3) earlier, and even he was nabbing 7pts/kill from me. Doesn't matter who I play against, I lose a shetload of points ;)

To be fair, if you're actually a good player, you should be making up some of the points with round wins and awards, they deal out a fair bit. At the end of the day, KDR > points.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:49 am »

I don't have a problem with playing with "noobs". Hell, I was playing with WNxNalle (rank#3) earlier, and even he was nabbing 7pts/kill from me. Doesn't matter who I play against, I lose a shetload of points ;)

To be fair, if you're actually a good player, you should be making up some of the points with round wins and awards, they deal out a fair bit. At the end of the day, KDR > points.

The system is designed so that it's harder for those at the top to stay there

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 10:48:12 am »

It just leaves a bitter taste everytime i suffer HL stats point wise while i was winning a round/match.
I recognized i changed my gaming a lot since we got HLXstats.
E.g. i avoid LtK matches, coz they're a guarantee for loosing a lot of points.
Also it seems Team DM and Team YOLT are the easiest way to earn stats points.

It always feels like i'm punished for playin the game.
Having another one or two high ranked players on the server doesn't mean anything as long as there are low rankers who kill you from behind when you're engaged in a firefight with another high ranked player.

Beside that, there's no real chance to go just for the high rankers right now, coz you don't know who you're dealing with in most cases, till you kill the one or you're killed. (except he's the only one who's playing this character).

I don't say we should drop the whole HLXstats thing, but there are some things that might need a change to suit GES and our community situation a little more.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 02:44:50 pm »

I think we need an internal stats system.  Something that would complement the Missions mode and the more complicated game scenarios like Live and Let Die.

Also, the stats formulae in HLX do not work.  I checked it out; there are a lot of unlisted damage events, pistol damage rates are in the thousands, and shotguns are counting up to five hits per one shot.  Mines are also wrong.  Both need to be counted such that you "fire" when the mine explodes, and hits are either 0 (no one was damaged) or 1 (at least one enemy was damaged).  Similar for penetration weapons in B4, since you could jack your stats just by having people stand together.  I'll PM KM on this to ensure he knows.  Since we altered the damage system to make shotgun work, fixing the hit reporting should be do-able.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up