GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:18:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: original single player remake  (Read 5597 times)

acornco

original single player remake
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:09:27 am »

i am sure some one could have already started a thread on the subject, but im not one to browse forums for hours...

i played this back in the day. my 64 was stolen with the game and i have lost all hope of running round' rares crazy single player again... that said

goleneye: source kenobi, your my only hope!

if any one whos read a response from a teamster on a similar subject. i must know.

dont get me wrong. the multi player's fine... it's the single players departure from the movie i crave. pure campy goodness it tis'.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: original single player remake
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 12:09:05 pm »

i am sure some one could have already started a thread on the subject, but im not one to browse forums for hours...
Use the forum search.

i played this back in the day. my 64 was stolen with the game and i have lost all hope of running round' rares crazy single player again... that said
Get a new one, it's not that expensive. The real difficult thing is, to find good Gamepads.

Even if there ever will be a single player, it will take some time, so get an N64 + original cardridge.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 04:21:18 pm »

You could ask your family/friends if you could borrow one of theirs, I actually got an old NES from my cousin.

If you really wanted to though, you could try to track down an emulator (But it's illegal unless you actually own the game, so I wouldn't if I were you).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:04:49 pm »

If you really wanted to though, you could try to track down an emulator (But it's illegal unless you actually own the game, so I wouldn't if I were you).
I wouldn't try for an emulator. The requirements to play GoldenEye are quite high, so unless you have a good computer, it will just lag on you.

If I were you, I would go to some local flea markets. Usually there is a guy or two who is selling his video game collection, and most of the times, they have one, if not more copy's of the game. Last year I bought my N64 from a flea market; it had 25 games, and I spent around $30 (Canadian). You could also try yard sales when the weather is better.

Snowfreak

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Snowfreak has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:36:19 pm »

if they remake the single player in this game, it is potentially one of my favorite games ever, but i honestly would rather have them focus on the multiplayer and get it perfect than both somewhat sloppy. 

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:43:01 pm »

I wouldn't try for an emulator. The requirements to play GoldenEye are quite high, so unless you have a good computer, it will just lag on you.

I dunno. My system's not great, and it runs fine. It's nice not having to dig the system out of my closet and hook it up to play, too. Plus, they've got adapters so you can hook the 64 controllers up to your PC for $10 on eBay. Cool stuff.

Either way, I'm sure everyone here (and a lot more besides) would love a single player game, but multiplayer's gotta come first. It's the main reason most of us love the game so much. Plus, SP would be a pretty enormous project by itself. Though I hear the Perfect Dark: Source people have started on it. If they get some of the groundwork laid out, hopefully that might speed things up over here, somewhere down the road.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 05:46:07 pm »

i made a topic with this exact question like a week ago lol

but i just borrow my brothers copy (i already have an n64 though). emulating seems silly unless the mouse/keyboard combo actually works well with the emulator
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 06:27:46 pm »

The team doesnt even discuss what SP will be like, its just so far off there is no department that is planning it ; absolutely no words have been spoken in the private area about SP. MP is the primary focus and conducting our resources any other way would jeopardize the essential task of rounding out a complete experience for that (your MP).

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 07:22:13 pm »

emulating seems silly unless the mouse/keyboard combo actually works well with the emulator
Mine works quite well. :)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 07:43:03 pm »

If you're interested in emulating GoldenEye007, you must take a look around www.GoldenEyeForever.com.
They have a walkthrough guide on how to set things up, and well as how to play it online with other people.? ;D
I could never get the keyboard and mouse to function properly, and my game pad is hard to use because of the stick(s).
Because the owner of the site sees not iusing the N64 controller as heresy, there is a link on his site for an N64 controller-to-USB adapter.? :D

I was originally trying to get all that going, but after fighting with the video and audio plugins, as well as the controller input for months, I was starting to lose it.
Then I came across this TC and... well the rest is history.

As for emulator legality issues, emulation laws are in no way enforced...

In regards to single player in GE:S, I believe the general look on that is "when multiplayer is final". Which is a better plan in my opinion. When multiplayer is complete, just about everything needed for single player will be at their disposal.

On a random note, if I have the cash to do so, my license plate is definitely going to read:

Because I can. :)
Except I'm not likely to be in British Columbia.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 07:53:22 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

acornco

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 05:40:18 am »

thanks

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 07:01:16 am »

SP topics will be locked from now and I recommend people to use search, and goldeneye: source does not officially condone use of emulators as elements of the process are illegal or shady at best. So do not to post links and give out info on our boards other than "hints", people should be crafty enough to use google from there. From now, removal is the action in these matters. Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up