Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BOTS  (Read 20371 times)

apalrd

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • apalrd has no influence.
BOTS
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:29:11 am »

is there any way to run Bots in Goldeneye?
I have tried RCBOT2 for HL2DM and it does not run in GoldenEye (the dedicated server crashes).
I do not think it is a problem with RCBOT2 because it runs fine in HL2MP.
NOTE: i am running a srcds dedicated server, installed via hldsupdatetool. The server is DEDICATED, not lan, and is running Beta 1.1H. has anyone tried this?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: BOTS
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:48:01 am »

no bots yet

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:28:51 am »

No bot support probably for 1-2 releases (meaning after the next one). Its not the priority yet.

apalrd

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 03:58:11 pm »

OK then. I guess i'll just have to make RCBOT2 work with GoldenEye. Ill re-post when the direct port from HL2MP to GES is done.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 05:28:28 pm »

you might not want to bother since Beta 3 will break this port anyway...

apalrd

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 11:06:02 pm »

k
i directly ported RCBOT2 to GES, but it doesnt seem to work. Not much of RCBOT is mod-specific, since only adding two files (bot_(modname)bot.h and .cpp) and modifying three others (bot_const.h and bot_mods.h and cpp) will allow you to run under other mods. It also supports both CSS and HL2DM. I added the GES bot files and the GES entries to the mods and const files and compiled, but it crashes both in the game and in the dedicated server. I am testing in both a steam-installed dedicated server running in console mode and a ges client, although nothing works. Is it possible that something in GES is causing the bot to be incompatible with GES? also, when it crashes in the dedicated server, I get a lot of errors saying that it couldn't find a shutdown function (a lot of shutdown functions, actually). Any ideas?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 08:41:17 am »

wait until we support it, or LAN with your buddies on beta3 whenever its out. Sorry, weve had about 10 people ask for bot support. Not really enough to set aside our current priorities.

It will come :D

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 01:45:03 pm »

It's going to be hard to play with bots with all the real players forcing themselves into every availiable server slot, as will be the case within one week of release.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 05:08:01 pm »

Could certainly use some more servers...
I'm planning on hosting one sometime in the not-too-distant future. (If all goes well... if I'm lucky...)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 05:35:26 pm »

It's going to be hard to play with bots with all the real players forcing themselves into every available server slot, as will be the case within one week of release.
I actually enjoy playing with bots offline, so some wouldn't be in servers.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 06:28:17 pm »

It's going to be hard to play with bots with all the real players forcing themselves into every availiable server slot, as will be the case within one week of release.

Very true, may have to get the slot reserve function on server. Sod people made to wait.

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 12:35:13 am »

Bots can be a lot of fun, but I agree that it's not really a priority. That seems more like something that should be thrown on at the end, once all the rest is complete. Plus, other players aren't too hard to find, even now. It's only really important for people playing offline or people that simply don't want to face off against real opponents in an online deathmatch game. Either way, still doesn't seem terribly urgent.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 11:54:29 pm »

I would much rather see AI for campaign mode ASAP then Deathmatch bots, but unfortunately it seems I'm in the minority here :/
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up