GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 06:47:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 9/27/08  (Read 81792 times)

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
Re: GES Update 9/27/08
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2008, 12:16:41 pm »

The radar was always one of GE64's plus points. Also campers in big maps like runway sniping away from a distant corner of the map can easily be found. I'm sure thats crushed a few campers dreams :/

Last question, the golden gun...will it be working for the initial release because i intend to set up a GG server. Also all the talk about limiting armor pickups will that be a server side option ?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:18:35 pm by UnKnown-Pain »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2008, 08:34:52 pm »

Ah, right.
Speaking of snipers, will we be seeing any alterations to the sniper rifle? I literally never use it for serious play. I mean, I'll mess around with it, but if I'm actually playing, never.

The main problem is that it doesn't do anywhere near enough damage. A silenced PP7 with a scope, basically.
I know that that's what it is on the N64, but GE: Source has a different "feel" to it, and it's harder to hit people with it here.
Also, with the recoil, there is no point at all in firing again shortly after each shot. You have wait a bit for the rifle to be still again. Combine that with what was said above, and it's really not worth it.

That's my constructive criticism, anyway.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:38:26 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

stealthredneck

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2008, 09:28:17 pm »

I just wanted to post to say that so long as this mod is in the works I will always be a supporter! So far the music is wonderful, the achievements are witty, and the characters, menus, and weapons are down-right wicked.

Can't wait for the release of the newest beta...just make sure it's not too early!

much love!

Stealth

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2008, 06:07:12 am »

Ah, right.
Speaking of snipers, will we be seeing any alterations to the sniper rifle? I literally never use it for serious play. I mean, I'll mess around with it, but if I'm actually playing, never.

The main problem is that it doesn't do anywhere near enough damage. A silenced PP7 with a scope, basically.
I know that that's what it is on the N64, but GE: Source has a different "feel" to it, and it's harder to hit people with it here.
Also, with the recoil, there is no point at all in firing again shortly after each shot. You have wait a bit for the rifle to be still again. Combine that with what was said above, and it's really not worth it.

That's my constructive criticism, anyway.

yeah, on top of that thought, I would like to see more body damage ratios. If you get a headshot, I hope you get the damage you deserve for that headshot. It was dumb in the old version that the sniper rifle took longer to kill someone with then someone with a zmg at long range. And even if you hit him 4 times with the sniper, he still have half health :( Anyway, i hope balancing of body areas hit is worked on..or the sniper rifle gets A LOT more damage for headshots and shots in general..otherwise, it is a pointless weapon.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2008, 10:30:03 am »

yeah, on top of that thought, I would like to see more body damage ratios. If you get a headshot, I hope you get the damage you deserve for that headshot. It was dumb in the old version that the sniper rifle took longer to kill someone with then someone with a zmg at long range. And even if you hit him 4 times with the sniper, he still have half health :( Anyway, i hope balancing of body areas hit is worked on..or the sniper rifle gets A LOT more damage for headshots and shots in general..otherwise, it is a pointless weapon.

It was pointless in GE64 so it depends on how the devs view the weapon. I agree more damage for headshots but id keep the body damage the same for the sniper rifle. You have to think of maps like cradle every person will just grab a sniper rifle and camp at each tower.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2008, 06:58:56 pm »

Sniper was pointless in GE64. So it should stay pointless in GES. Dont see the point of having a TF2 or CSS-like sniper. This game isn't CSS.

Just my opinion.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2008, 08:18:44 pm »

Doc.NO : In that case just remove the sniper :-\ ...

My opinion is to give more damage only if headshot whit the sniper. Not 1 shot kill like css, but maybe half of damage.

That's my opinion.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2008, 08:24:32 pm »

Headshots already do twice the damage of bodyshots, what more do you want?
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2008, 08:37:20 pm »

Yeah but whit the old beta 1 hitbox, excuse me but it taked to me a hudge total of 10 headshot on cradle to finaly take down someone whitout an armor. That's way to much,  so what do I want, like you're saying, is more damage for one headshot.

That's only MY opinion, if you guys disagree, it's ok. I don't care, because beta 3 is going to rock anyway :D!!!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2008, 11:00:02 pm »

I damage shouldn't be as high as css but it definitely should be somewhat higher then it is right now becuse it is a little rediculous. It should be like 4 shots or something because it is, after all, a sniper riffle. However, make sure you don't do the damage like css because that is WAY TOO MUCH. The point is guys, I just would like to see a little bit more damage from that weapon...even if it isnt that much.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2008, 12:49:33 am »

Who uses the Sniper, except of siberia or Cradle on LTK it's pointless.
But it was in GE64 so it has to stay in.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2008, 01:04:48 am »

The GE64 Sniper Rifle was essentially a Silenced PP7 with a zoom lens, and if you shot enemies anywhere but the head, it took around 3-4 shots to get a kill. The only way to get any use out of it was to use stealth and get headshots from far away, bu was completely useless for close combat because as far as I can remember, the auto-aim didn't work for the Sniper Rifle.

Also, this is just a thought, but I was playing some GE64 over the weekend with my buddies, and noticed that when you shot people repeatedly with weapons, there would be a delay of about 1 second between which I could do damage, with the intervals filled in by my opponent sliding backwards. Is there any chance that any of this will be implemented, such as a possible damage delay, determined by a variable of whether or not players slid around when hit?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:09:41 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2008, 01:41:53 am »

Sniper should be more than a silenced PP7 with a scope. That's all I'm saying.
Not too much, as this would cause a sky-rocket increase in campers.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2008, 04:00:38 am »

The SSL:
What you are referring to is invulnerability. And yes, it is ALREADY implemented! It works great and does not lag at all. When you are hit you get 0.5 seconds of invuln time so that allows you to escape or get cover while getting pelted with bullets  ultimately increasing the amount of time the firefight lasts. You can see this the best in N64 when you blow up a mine and walk into the fire, you won't get damaged but every 0.5 seconds.

This is active in the video, so its not a super effect, but it definitely makes a difference

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2008, 08:08:13 am »

invulnerability is a really important feature and its been a long time coming to get it up and running properly in the game.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up