GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 09:23:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 9/27/08  (Read 81246 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 9/27/08
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 11:50:55 pm »

maybe you could do something like perfect dark and have the weapons around the center area and then when the person holds the button to select the weapon he can either hit w, a, s, and d to pick which way he wants it to go to pick a weapon. Essentially the same way perfect dark was but with some modifications with the keyboard and mouse of course....or just have the mouse movements select the way you pick the weapon.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 12:02:12 am »

I think that this may have been discussed a while ago in another thread, or maybe I'm just daydreaming again, but I think that it would look cool if the weapons selection was a semi-transparent green, with the weapon names written on them, and as you scrolled through the weapons, they would rotate around in a circle formation, and as you got to a third of a circle, they would begin to fade out. (So that it looks like an ingame watch menu sort of)

And yeah, here's a sloppy picture of what I'm trying to explain: So the selections are green, and rotate in a circle. As the circle rotates, weapons will fade off the list as others come in, and the selected weapon with be highlighted in the center.

Shockingly, a good idea.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 12:10:37 am »

Agree with "The SSL" about the rotary guns. Also agree about the fade thing.

However, I suggest that it would be better if the selection is the shape of the weapons instead of the names on a green background.

Just an idea.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 01:17:29 am »

Perhaps how they look on the Bond Watch when you pause.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2008, 01:47:19 am »

Perhaps how they look on the Bond Watch when you pause.

Which was what I meant, but that would be kind of boring, having them go simply up and down, so why not add some extra flare by having them in a circular formation?

OR even easier, it cold be like the original GE where you don't even have a menu in multiplayer, instead you just scroll up or down on the wheel, and it takes out all the different weapons without a menu.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2008, 04:20:39 am »

SSL your implementation is very Call Of Duty esque (especially with the outlined weapons)... and copying PD is out of the question. Thanks for the input, we will mull over this on the dev side

Senshi

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:55 am »

i think the poster above means a secret of mana like ring menu ^^

This would be really nice :)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2008, 11:05:37 am »

maybe you could do something like perfect dark and have the weapons around the center area and then when the person holds the button to select the weapon he can either hit w, a, s, and d to pick which way he wants it to go to pick a weapon. Essentially the same way perfect dark was but with some modifications with the keyboard and mouse of course....or just have the mouse movements select the way you pick the weapon.
The problem with it is, you have to stop moving while select a weapon, which is really deadly in this game.
IMO, any kind of ring menu would cause more problems then it could solve.
OR even easier, it cold be like the original GE where you don't even have a menu in multiplayer, instead you just scroll up or down on the wheel, and it takes out all the different weapons without a menu.
This sounds far better to me. Along with a nice weaponswiching sound... omg i get nostalgic

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2008, 02:53:27 pm »

Those are the two options I'm thinking of.

A) A very small, rotating model of the weapon next to the name. (Like in the pause menu.)

B) Just the name.

The PD thing, while nifty-looking, would be a huge annoyance.
Besides, that's just not what it's about. ::)
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2008, 10:41:29 pm »

SSL i dig that idea man

the way you have it now is graphically REALLY sloppy haha but the concept it self seems sound. we might play around with that to see how it feels if we can make it look good.

at the very worst though, we will change the color of the current menu to be more GE64 than HL2.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

redsteven

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 07:44:29 am »

just wanted to say that i look forward to playing this mod when it comes out

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2008, 11:13:59 pm »

Just a quick question and forgive me for not going through every thread. Basically are you going to impliment the radar that was in the original goldeneye. To me it was one of Goldeneye 64's distinctive features and a must in my eyes. Then again im not a dev so your ideas may be different.

Enlighten me :/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:20:17 pm by UnKnown-Pain »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2008, 12:38:56 am »

It's on the list, great question Unknown-Pain

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2008, 12:47:21 am »

Hmm...
If implemented, would the radar have upward/downward facing triangles to indicate if a foe is on a higher or lower level than you?
Though that was done in PD``, not GE.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:09 am »

It will be nostalgic, meaning exactly like GE64. It will also be server-side configurable on/off much like it was in the GE64 options
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up