GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:47:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 9/27/08  (Read 80288 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 9/27/08
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 07:45:21 pm »

GREAT JOB GUYS!! AMAZING WORK! But I have 2 critiques.

1) It seemed like the movement was a tad slow. I definitely like the goldeneye feel..but watching the video seemed liked walking took forever. Not sure what everyone else thinks.

2) This might be a bug or it might be fraps, but when you were switching between remote mines and the detonator, it gave some weird bug where it would freak out or something. It is almost like you would see the hand go by really quick and then come out. On top of that, seems like the mines throw a little slow..anyone else see this in the video?

Otherwise, no complaints guys. Completely amazing update. Thank you.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

BCKMTWKILLAHS

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • BCKMTWKILLAHS has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 10:18:50 pm »

Yes!! great job guys...but I have 2 suggestions as well...

1.) Ouromouv should definitley have a hat on since he had it the N64 version and plus it just replicates him more.

2.) Maybe try to do a different fall of the players when they die. For example if they get shot in the back then have them falling down knees first then onto their stomach like the orginal goldeneye..

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 10:29:02 pm »

also another thing guys. I have a suggestion. I think it would be less sickening if you had the same death animation as we have no now, but have the camera go out to 3rd person to view your body doing that. That way you can see where the fire was coming from (if you didn't know) and it will look a little more professional. Having the die when you just fall over make me sick and will make me sick watching it every time I play. Just another thought :D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 12:41:46 am »

also another thing guys. I have a suggestion. I think it would be less sickening if you had the same death animation as we have no now, but have the camera go out to 3rd person to view your body doing that. That way you can see where the fire was coming from (if you didn't know) and it will look a little more professional. Having the die when you just fall over make me sick and will make me sick watching it every time I play. Just another thought :D

Hey, speaking of the death animations, is the jaws ragdoll still messed up? (Couldn't tell from the video)
Also, is the weapon selection menu still going to be orange for the release? I think it would look a lot better if it were a more Goldeneye themed color, such as a semi-transparent green.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 02:37:43 am »

Remember guys this is a "proof of concept" media release. Meaning that about 60% of what will be in the final release is in here. It shows that gameplay works, VGUI's work, and that weapons are in game and functional. The last 40% will be dedicated to polishing our existing work (mine anims for example), and completing our new work (End of Round Report, Achievements, etc.).

Thank you for your comments, not all of your questions will be answered, but trust us to make the best decisions for the mod. We promise to release a stable, highly polished, and tested version for Beta 3. That has been my goal ever since I started coding using Orange Box.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 09:30:53 am »

Wow looks great guys. Can't wait, amazing work!

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 03:05:28 pm »

1.) Ouromouv should definitley have a hat on since he had it the N64 version and plus it just replicates him more.

In the film however, he only has his hat for one scene, and a few seconds of another.
The rest of the way without.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

CCsaint10

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 10:04:51 pm »

Remember guys this is a "proof of concept" media release. Meaning that about 60% of what will be in the final release is in here. It shows that gameplay works, VGUI's work, and that weapons are in game and functional. The last 40% will be dedicated to polishing our existing work (mine anims for example), and completing our new work (End of Round Report, Achievements, etc.).

Thank you for your comments, not all of your questions will be answered, but trust us to make the best decisions for the mod. We promise to release a stable, highly polished, and tested version for Beta 3. That has been my goal ever since I started coding using Orange Box.

Got couple more questions killermonkey,

First of all, will the shotgun make it in beta 3 and will the spread cause the right amount of damage and so on?

Second, are you guys working on a new way of scrolling through weapons picked up? or will it just stay as the orange scroll on the bottom right?

You are awesome killermonkey. I don't expect all my questions to be answered, unless you are willing to. My main hope is just that you think of them and take them into consideration when you guys make a final release. :D Thanks GES team. You guys are the best. :)

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 10:54:16 pm »

Aye, got some question as well, if your willing to answer :P

1- In the vid, I saw that annoying auto switch alpha-like system when you pick a weap (think it was an AR33 in the vid). I am right? If so, is it possible to have some kind of client sided option to disable it?

2- Why not including those noice shiny steam community avatar on the scoreboard?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 11:12:40 pm »

2- Why not including those noice shiny steam community avatar on the scoreboard?

The Steam avatars I think Kinda get cluttered(even though there cool), I think using your steam name is enough.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 11:52:39 pm »

In the film however, he only has his hat for one scene, and a few seconds of another.
The rest of the way without.

I think going with two separate skins, one with and without a hat, would fix this up nicely. Choice is always good.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 02:26:33 am »

bklax:
1. Of course we are going to have the shotgun! That is by far the coolest weapon IMO. Look for it in the next media release (currently being re-animated/re-worked)

2. I have not decided on a new weapon selection yet, if you guys have any ideas go ahead and post em. As for the colors, those at LEAST will be changed (orange is HL2!) This is a fill in from Beta 1 so that we can play the game :)

Dr. NO

1. The auto switch is already a client side option ala HL2 base code. You can access it through the Options panel. It will remain in Beta 3 and the exception to the alpha version is that in Beta 3 the weapons have weight (properly) so you WILL NOT switch to PP7 from the RCP90!

2. I discussed with Konrad whether he wanted the avatars in the scoreboard and it just simply wouldn't work with our layout. As much as I like them, they don't fit into the game either. Maybe they will show up in another VGUI?? (End of Round Report?) we shall see, but don't hold your breath.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 06:05:57 am »

I think going with two separate skins, one with and without a hat, would fix this up nicely. Choice is always good.

Was going to edit and suggest that, actually. :P
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

CCsaint10

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 07:11:22 pm »

bklax:
1. Of course we are going to have the shotgun! That is by far the coolest weapon IMO. Look for it in the next media release (currently being re-animated/re-worked)

2. I have not decided on a new weapon selection yet, if you guys have any ideas go ahead and post em. As for the colors, those at LEAST will be changed (orange is HL2!) This is a fill in from Beta 1 so that we can play the game :)

Dr. NO

1. The auto switch is already a client side option ala HL2 base code. You can access it through the Options panel. It will remain in Beta 3 and the exception to the alpha version is that in Beta 3 the weapons have weight (properly) so you WILL NOT switch to PP7 from the RCP90!

2. I discussed with Konrad whether he wanted the avatars in the scoreboard and it just simply wouldn't work with our layout. As much as I like them, they don't fit into the game either. Maybe they will show up in another VGUI?? (End of Round Report?) we shall see, but don't hold your breath.

Thanks for the response man. I am really happy this is turning out the way it is. At this rate of being only 60% done like you say, this is going to be the most badass mod ever. It looks ever so perfect right now. :D Thank you dev team.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 11:00:11 pm »

I think that this may have been discussed a while ago in another thread, or maybe I'm just daydreaming again, but I think that it would look cool if the weapons selection was a semi-transparent green, with the weapon names written on them, and as you scrolled through the weapons, they would rotate around in a circle formation, and as you got to a third of a circle, they would begin to fade out. (So that it looks like an ingame watch menu sort of)

And yeah, here's a sloppy picture of what I'm trying to explain: So the selections are green, and rotate in a circle. As the circle rotates, weapons will fade off the list as others come in, and the selected weapon with be highlighted in the center.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up