GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 04:43:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions to the mod  (Read 5784 times)

Agent_eNVy

Suggestions to the mod
« on: March 25, 2008, 12:13:46 am »

Hi there just got a few ideas and thought I'd make a thread about it, maby you developers find some good ideas here that you will use.

So, I have a few ideas of course wich are:

What about making several bond skins, not with different colour suits like in the previous release, but what if you make one skin for each bond? (connery, moore, brosnan, craig, dalton etc.??) I think that would be a nice touch to the mod, It should'nt be a high priority, but a nice addon later if you have the time.

the second thing I think would be nice is kinda the same thing, Goldeneye 64 had a good character selection, but what about adding a few more?
Id specially like to see: Scaramanga,  Dr.No and my personal favorit; Goldeneye Rogue agent. maby add Largo, Renard and Zao too..
again, nothing that should be high priority, but a nice addition.

Ooh, and maby get the delay on the door in Facility like in the original?

JAce

Re: Suggestions to the mod
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:10:51 am »

I think it would be cool to add the gravity gun for Half-Life 2 as a 'gadget' in goldeneye source!

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 01:09:37 am »

I think it would be cool to add the gravity gun for Half-Life 2 as a 'gadget' in goldeneye source!
You mean watch magnet.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 03:47:11 am »

Q must have been working overtime on that upgrade

devilsdome

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 05:31:49 am »

Yeah that'd be good. I like the idea of the different Bonds, but isn't turning away from the original Goldeneye? Though it is quite a good idea. The fact more characters should be made is good too. Some like from the original game (you know, guards, that type of thing, Janus Commando, Siberian Special Forces, etc).

More weapons too. I'd love to have the RCP90 in my hands soon (game-wise), that'd thrash. Moonraker Laser too, and things like double weapons, as in the original game.

Agent_eNVy

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 09:59:46 pm »

As I said, it wasnt something I though should be a high priority, but a nice addon..

A way to fix this as far as looking to the original game, they could add a choise to add or remove new stuff on the servers. like: Goldeneye 64 / Goldeneye Source server.

Goldeneye64 - ONLY original stuff, nothing new
Goldeneye Source - Adds new skins and weapons

This COULD (im not saying it would) give a new experience to the goldeneye feeling...

Not sure if its a good idea or not, but I just feel that I want something new to goldeneye too, as much as I LOVE the original game.. Im just a Bond nut who want another good Bond game.

Grim

• Agent
  • Grim has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:47 am »

Yeah that'd be good. I like the idea of the different Bonds, but isn't turning away from the original Goldeneye?

The idea was actually planned for GE007 but was cut from the final release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldeneye_007#All_Bonds

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 08:29:36 am »

It sucks that they had to cut that in goldeneye and using the goldeneye weapons in multi player for perfect dark for mostly likely due to legal reasons, which kinda doesn't make sense since they are avalible as a 'cheat' in the solo player of perfect dark. In some ways as convoluted as the original agreements to produce the game were it is even more amazing it was ever release and was as good as it ended up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up