GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:45:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 10/23/09 [October Report]  (Read 57665 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 10/23/09 [October Report]
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 07:03:26 am »

Thanks for the comments about caverns, they are appriciated.

pfff caverns blows...who would want to play on that crappy map..............

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

JamesBondMan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JamesBondMan is looked down upon.
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 08:32:49 am »

I do....
Happines is a warm gun.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 12:10:09 pm »

I'd rather play on Caverns than on Cradle, although Caverns is too linear for the most part - at least it got space enough for more players and you won't get camped that easy. (speaking of the classical layout)

Furthermore the screens are really nice, I like how the map looks and I'm looking forward to see those eye shaped doors in action again.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 02:28:28 pm »

Caverns does look awesome, you can see the amount of thought that's gone into its reconception. It looks very impressive and it's one of the more challenging maps to remake from a design standpoint too.

I have a feeling that even people who hated the original caverns will love this.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 02:40:58 pm »

thats what i said! :p

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16:04 pm »

thats what i said! :p

I love how you are the only one that picked up my sarcasm......wow...just wow......

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 05:39:55 pm »

haha yea thats because I am a sarcastic prick...usually lol <3

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 09:17:27 pm »

haha yea thats because I am a sarcastic prick...usually lol <3

Well, at least I know now that if we were ever to meet each other in person that we could get along fine. :P

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2009, 04:47:32 pm »

I love how you are the only one that picked up my sarcasm......wow...just wow......
That's what I was thinking.

Hopefully they were just putting in their thoughts sans response to said sarcasm.

I have a feeling that even people who hated the original caverns will love this.
I agree.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2009, 05:49:56 pm »

I was just browsing the internet... *sigh*... Hey Black Mesa Source has a few screenshot updates... hey nice...

Where should I go to now... hmzzzzz....

W-W-W.G-O-L-D-E-N-E-Y-S-O-U-R-C-E.N-E-T...

Well OH MY MUTHERFUCKING GOD!!!!111111111

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHMMMMMMM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- YEAH!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

PS: OK now that I have calmed down a little: From the top to the bottom one pile of pure awesomeness! This is exactly what I wanted in beta4 and what makes Goldeneye really Goldeneye. Too bad you guys stick with fully ragdoll all the way because the insane deaths of models was a good charactaristic of Goldeneye on the 64.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:05:44 pm by V!NCENT »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:15 pm »

Too bad you guys stick with fully ragdoll all the way because the insane deaths of models was a good characteristic of Goldeneye on the 64.

The insane amount of work limits this for now, but agree would be awesome to see by Final.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 06:12:44 pm »

Too bad you guys stick with fully ragdoll all the way because the insane deaths of models was a good charactaristic of Goldeneye on the 64.
haha, yeah, i remember the one who looks like the player steps a banana and falls xD

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 07:44:18 pm »

I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOOW !

P.S. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !  ;D
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 03:30:39 am »

V1ncent did you just blow a few lines? Your a little hyper there :p  We love the comments man, we are so happy that you continue to enjoy the mod. Your satisfaction is what drives us to commit future updates!

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 02:36:10 pm »

We love the comments man, we are so happy that you continue to enjoy the mod. Your satisfaction is what drives us to commit future updates!

You guys deserve it!

Can I make a suggestion? The grenade launcher looks a little too squarish... The last thing this mod needs is more polygons, so how about some texture tricks that make it look more roundish. For example look at the Quake 3 grenade launcher. Looks realy roundish with a low poly count: http://www.mobeenfikree.com/images/screenshots/thePit/screen3.jpg

PS: that way you can only see that it is round because of the edges... but if you can make the edgy part transparent in your textures than you can achieve truely round looking objects ;) But make sure that you don't include these texture hacks into model that others can see walking around...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:39:21 pm by V!NCENT »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up