GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:36:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question  (Read 3681 times)

daxos232

question
« on: September 29, 2008, 04:22:04 am »

hi, i recently installed your mod, i played goldeneye as a kid and i figured i should give the mod a try.  I have a couple of questions though.  I installed beta 1.0 i think, and i tried to follow your instructions to install the 1.1 patch and i cant find the "Unrar gesbeta1_1h" file it talks about.

my 2nd question is why do the pistols fire like automatic rifles, and is this fixed in the 1.1 patch?

3rd question is i tried to join some games but only showed about 4 servers playing, all empty except for one other player besides me.  Does anyone play the mod, im hoping so because i think its sweet, and it would be a shame if this mod were dead.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 04:43:33 am »

Beta1.0 is like what 180ish MBs and beta1.1h is like 3.6MBs I think.

So you have Beta1.0 installed, then just download Beta1.1h (http://lodle.net/public/GESBeta_FullInstall.exe) and run the .exe and restart your steam and your good to go.

The unrar part is if you downloaded the .rar file, then you'd use like WinRar or 7zip and extract the files and Manually install. But the .exe install( supplied above) is easier.

And lately I've noticed usually at least like 4 people on pretty constant, and more at times (Alota Fagina server fills quite a few times a day and its 10 slots)
   ^^ That's for the Alota Fagina server alone, a lot of people play on the other servers a lot as well ^^
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:48:59 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: question
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 04:58:17 am »

Indeed.
You won't be seeing anyone in the BETA 1.0 servers.  ::)

GE: Source is alive and very well.
You might want to see this.
http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,2200.0.html
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1]   Go Up