GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:34:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motion Blur and Source Recorder?  (Read 15296 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Re: Motion Blur and Source Recorder?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 02:30:43 am »

I think your problem is you were encoding the video rather than creating uncompressed footage when using source recorder.  I have encoded directly to X264 and it was 1 or 2 FPS whereqs the uncompressed screenshot method the demo is playing back at around 15FPS give or take.  Thyen after that encode it to whatever format u like. it is much faster and you can redo it many many times over because you have the uncompressed original instead of having to re-recorde in game again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:33:11 am by keefy »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Motion Blur and Source Recorder?
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 03:39:54 am »

Do you mean using the virtualdub method is better than the direct compression?
Yeah, you're probably right. But once again the sound desynchronizes almost every time (You can hear it a bit in trailer 1, but I fixed it recently), as well ashaving to clean out my source SDK Base 2007 folder of 3000 targas when I'm done. Plus, there's no motion blur/extra post-processing(as far as I can see), which is the point of why I created this thread.

Fraps captures exactly whats on my screen with the hit of a button.

Course, if and when I ever do a crazy video showing a 32-man mass suicide using remote mines off Cradle, I'll probably have to use good ol' Source Recorder to get a perfect 30FPS then synchronize the audio and add bloom and stuff in my video editing program.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up