GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 07:34:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Report: New GoldenEye coming in November, to be revealed at E3  (Read 20754 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Report: New GoldenEye coming in November, to be revealed at E3
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 10:43:20 pm »

LOL the hunch backs of GoldenEye. What a fucking waste.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:08 pm »

It's worse than when we were fully beholden to HL2 animations.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 12:12:06 am »

I laughed so hard when i watched the gameplay video; the briefing, the intro text, the cooperative stealth missions with NPCs (even the "you take the one on the left, I got the one on the right), random music cues, iron sights, guards with flashlights, regenerating health, hell even the bullet impact sounds and oh yeah the fact that it's 90% scripted sequences... I was literally laughing my ass off at how it's just CoD with James Bond skins. Every part of it.

It's worse than when we were fully beholden to HL2 animations.

That was my first thought too.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 12:35:41 am »

and you can see much more footage of multiplayer and interview right here http://www.tvcert.com/watch/116441/ if you want to torture yourself

UPDATE: and a loooong video containing the first mission, you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yhlHOzp78&feature=related ( starting 1.33 )
Wtf? Since when is Bond taking some (obviously) gay russian along on his missions? Who does this guy think he is? Giving orders to Bond? Wasn't Bond supposed to infiltrate the facility WITHOUT anyone knowing? So why is he shooting trucks causing them to explode? (I still wonder HOW exactly he's doing that, also breaking the truck's security glass - it's a military truck after all - with a kick is a little strange).
And there's this unlimited ammunition and no health bars - so it's autorecovery, right? Just sit in one spot until you're full again and go ahead - but where's the challenge? And there's checkpoints everywhere...
The only thing that 'might' be good are the briefings.

I laughed so hard when i watched the gameplay video; the briefing, the intro text, the cooperative stealth missions with NPCs (even the "you take the one on the left, I got the one on the right), random music cues, iron sights, guards with flashlights, regenerating health, hell even the bullet impact sounds and oh yeah the fact that it's 90% scripted sequences... I was literally laughing my ass off at how it's just CoD with James Bond skins. Every part of it.

I was scared and disgusted of what they did and sad, of course. :- (

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 02:05:58 am »

I'm so... disappointed. :-/ speechless on how this is going.. and what's sad is that most of these neo-players never got to play the original.. when bond was actually bond, a badass kickass mofo who takes orders from no one. I love the comments on how "awesome" it is.. *vexed sigh*

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 02:17:57 am »

What if i buy this game, grab a AX that is on fire, and smash the game into billions of pieces, while the pieces of the cd is melting and on fire and put it on youtube to show the world, how shitty the game actually is?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 02:23:18 am »

GE:S got two distinct shout outs in the comments. Thats pretty good consider 99% of those comments were positive towards the game saying it was the next best thing!

One person even went so far to comment that he is "excited of all the many possibilities in this game" which makes me sit and wonder... how are there possibilities in a game when the FIRST mission is 90% scripted and you have absolutely no control over the direction of the game? If I wanted to watch a movie I'd go to the theater, not play a video game...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:24:52 am by killermonkey »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 10:57:13 am »

Id say the environment art is the only passable part of this game.

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:21 am »

Id say the environment art is the only passable part of this game.

no
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 12:13:45 am »

UPDATE: and a loooong video containing the first mission, you can find here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yhlHOzp78&feature=related ( starting 1.33 )

wtf, first, who is that bloke..is that meant to be Trevelyan? Second, infinite ammo, wut. Third, I don't get wtf is going on for most of that mission, it's certainly not GE007 - lots of random exploding trucks, and then going down a lift shaft =/

Dislike immensly, this should be so much better.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 03:19:19 am »

Yeah, this game is nothing like the original. I agree with the earlier comments that this is more of a Goldeneye themed Call of Duty expansion. :P

And those people look nothing like Ourumov and Trevelyan!

Though I'm sure it'll be a generally enjoyable shooter in the end, sorta like Agent Under Fire and Rouge Agent. Not really expecting too much.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:22:58 am by Sergeant Kelly »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 03:29:07 am »

Though I'm sure it'll be a generally enjoyable shooter in the end, sorta like Agent Under Fire and Rouge Agent. Not really expecting too much.

Pun intended? Either way it was funny :D

teekay2010

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • teekay2010 has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 03:54:21 am »

Meh, I'll probably still purchase the game and enjoy it. It isn't like the original I agree, and there are some sucky things about it. Honestly, I'm not even going to compare it to the original. I will play through it, enjoy it, play multiplayer a few times, and forget about it.

The one thing I do like is the classic characters. Scaramanga, Red, Klebb, and Blofeld (wish he would have looked like Donald Pleasence though).

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 01:42:59 pm »

are the engish voices from the actors in the game the same as in the movie ? i mean have alec and james the same voice like in the movie or do they have a other voice ?
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 01:52:25 pm »

well the game on it could be sure great, but so many things arent correct : the health status is real like in COD, the names of the weapons are the real names, the skin, face etc. of the charakters ( specially ouromov ) are stupid and dont look like the original. the GE:S charakter loooks more simular to the movie. the levels arent from GE 007 or from the movie i don´t know how can create them and say thats GE 007. and yeah that window in the military truck can be destroyed lol. no it would be sure great, but so many things are to wrong. we should melt GE:S with GE Wii
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up