GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:45:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Remake on the next issue of Xbox 360 World?  (Read 25345 times)

MtM0201

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MtM0201 has no influence.
    • my music
Re: Goldeneye Remake on the next issue of Xbox 360 World?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 03:01:18 am »

no, cause still many people who aren't really into console gaming, would still have GE:S for a PC version to play. :)

CrzChris4

• Agent
  • CrzChris4 has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 04:34:29 am »

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sionyboy/randomshop/itcouldbegoldeneye800px.jpg

It has to be Goldeneye! There's no other option about it. It's definitely the Bylemorye Dam.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 04:43:16 am »

PP7 woooo
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 08:24:44 am »

Now I have to go buy a 360.

MasterChief2829

• Agent
  • MasterChief2829 has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 01:06:24 pm »

It is Goldeneye! However, while these are all real and the story is real...they are just trying to help fight back, but they have an intention of succeeding. In other words, it's still on hold but they are hoping this magazine publication and the uproar will cause it to come back.
Onsale Wednesday, the latest issue of Xbox World 360 blows open Rare's retooled classic with never-seen shots and hands-on details. How different is it? What improvements have been made? What does it feel like on the 360 pad? And how can we make sure this incredible remake does see the light of day? The only place to find out is Xbox World 360...

Oh, and here's the completed jigsaw. (Think it looks good? Wait until you see the rest of the shots... including one great little joke on the title screen.)

Xbox World 360. Wednesday 27th February.

Get ready to don battle armour - because we're taking it to The Man.

irfman

• Secret Agent
  • irfman is looked down upon.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »

Nice but I thought the GE for the XBL was canned. So theyre trying to get it back?

/confused

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 05:56:14 pm »

OMG i need a 360...

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 06:45:36 pm »

In other words, it's still on hold but

There was already one here.
I'd love to see goldeneye on the XBLA, but as far as I know Nintendo & Activision wont...

Sadly... I was right.

MasterChief2829

• Agent
  • MasterChief2829 has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 11:48:45 pm »

Apparently they are going to release it either way. Read on...
Source: http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/Xbox_360_Accessories/4326.html
Goldeneye 007 = “Bean Project”
So a few weeks ago Xbox Evolved reported on rumors of Goldeneye 007 coming to Xbox Live Arcade courtesy of Rareware. Since then, there have been enough petitions and sites out there doing follow-ups that we believe the rumor earned even more research and limelight. First, I must apologize that we were slightly “misinformed” on the terms of how the title will be released, but nonetheless we guarantee that it does not only exist in one form, but at least two.

No, I’m not talking about a version for Wii’s counterpart to Live Arcade, I am talking about a completely different FPS created by Rareware using the same engine, and many of the same elements. One of our sources has revealed to us a few screenshots of the upcoming game, and the icon that you see for the game’s info in the dashboard is that of the PDZ Joanna Dark for placeholder purposes, but the games title is not Goldeneye 007; it is instead “Bean Project”. The source wouldn’t give much reason for this, but he advised it would be in our best interest not to post the screens online; instead we are opting to take them as what they are. They appear to be 100% legitimate, with the game looking very similar to Goldeneye, although some models, and other parts of the game are a bit different. The achievements for the game seem to fit also, one is for becoming a ‘00’ agent, another for ‘007’ and another for the now infamous silo mission.

So why is Rareware doing this? Well essentially, if talks between Nintendo and Microsoft boil over, then they will continue with this. For now, Microsoft and Rareware are offering to allow Goldeneye 007 on Wii while the game goes on XBLA with no legal ramifications to either side with the catch that Rareware will have nothing to do with the porting of the game to the Nintendo Wii, instead Nintendo may outsource one of the many new “Wiiware” developers that are developing original titles for the console set to be released later this year. Microsoft and Nintendo have failed to comment on the matter, however an Activision rep did put in his two cents:

”We have nothing to do with a Goldeneye 007 game, I would think that is Nintendo and Microsoft’s deal.”

We will have more on this story, and hopefully we can be playing Goldeneye 007 on 360 later this year.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2008, 12:50:46 pm »

For now, Microsoft and Rareware are offering to allow Goldeneye 007 on Wii while the game goes on XBLA with no legal ramifications to either side with the catch that Rareware will have nothing to do with the porting of the game to the Nintendo Wii, instead Nintendo may outsource one of the many new “Wiiware” developers that are developing original titles for the console set to be released later this year.

let's hope they're coming for both, XBLA and WiiWare.

Shaken not Stirred

• 00 Agent
  • Shaken not Stirred is looked down upon.
    • FP.tk
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008, 12:54:38 pm »

The mountains and textures look great on the classic enemies.

Check out the guy running in old-fashioned GE style.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008, 07:06:30 pm »

I doubt it will actually come out. Just my personal opinion. I believe this "magazine" (that i've never heard of) was just trying to get some attention by releasing a screenshot of a game that everyone wants, but it was cancelled. They probably got this screenshot awhile ago when the game was still in progress, and now that it's cancelled they released it to get attention.

Like I said, I don't even know what magazine this is, I've never heard of it before. Why would such a big announcement be made on a magazine such as this? Lol
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2008, 07:31:55 pm »

The screenshot looks pretty darn neat, good find...although like Baron I think it may just be something old put out there to gain attention. All I know is that if it does come out Ill be standing on the corner slangin' rocks so I can get myself a 360.  :P

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2008, 08:19:03 pm »

It seems like they had two completely different teams working on this map; the mountains look like you could go ski them, and the dam and people looks like they wanted to upgrade it but only a little.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 08:41:56 pm »

It seems like they had two completely different teams working on this map; the mountains look like you could go ski them, and the dam and people looks like they wanted to upgrade it but only a little.

Exactly what I was thinking...lol The mountains were always the thing in the screenshot that threw me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up