GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:13:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Noted] Torches too low and other misc stuff  (Read 10005 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
[Noted] Torches too low and other misc stuff
« on: February 23, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »

I am surprised no one reported this; probably no one noticed.

Egyptian suffers the same problem Facility and Archives do (and other maps, perhaps). the lamps (in Egyptian's case, torches) are too low. You can get stuck in them and break your stride. I understand it is a large map with open areas but when you try to move close to the walls, you get stuck sometimes. Putting them a bit higher would be a good solution.

I would like to point out the vases scattered around which can slow you down at times. It is somewhat annoying when you are trying to run away from a foe. I think this problem can be solved by making the player clip through them.

I do not have screenshots at the moment, but I guess my explanation was easy to understand. If you need more details about it, just say.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: [EGYPTIAN BUG] Torches too low and other misc stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:44:09 pm »

Ya, I know what you mean.  Its hard to get a good flame on them when I move them up.  I might just remove the collision on some of them.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 05:46:54 pm »

Ya, I know what you mean.  Its hard to get a good flame on them when I move them up.  I might just remove the collision on some of them.

It is one solution. I also thought that if you moved them up it would screw the lightning, given that it is supposed to come from the torches.

Also, thanks for the fast reply!

BTW, I like that touch of having an ammo cache on the lower room with your name behind it. Too bad you need explosives to get the goodies ;D.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 06:19:29 pm »

This is aLl bieng discussed internally. Thanks for you imput!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »

:o  someone found my ammo stash!  onos

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:29:40 pm »

:o  someone found my ammo stash!  onos

/looks frantically for it

PPK

• Warrior Nation
Re: [Noted] Torches too low and other misc stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:30:48 pm »

/looks frantically for it

Haven't found it yet?

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:31:06 pm »

Don't forget that already on LTK people accidentally kill themselves on the torches.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:35:24 pm »

Don't forget that already on LTK people accidentally kill themselves on the torches.

And that too. It happened today when I was spraying the wall. A little tap to the left and I was roasted.
I forgot about it, but I though it was somehow fair, since you are supposed to get burned when you come in contact with one (in LTK, it will kill you). If it could be disabled in LTK and enabled in other game modes, it would be perfect.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:12 pm »

LMAO!!!

Well why are you guys running into fire!?  Have you not learned from Frankenstien's Monster?

FIRE BAD!  FIRE BURNS!

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:46:25 pm »

I didn't run into it; I just happened to be very close while spraying the wall and my twitchy finger tapped me to the left into a fiery death. But then I regained pace.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 10:46:57 pm »

I have firewalked in RL..  never took any HP damage.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 11:10:43 pm »

I have firewalked in RL..  never took any HP damage.

lol! ive seen the coal stuff.. and i also watch mythbusters.. xD and i havent seen any hp damage there either -.-

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 11:16:34 pm »

It wasn't in one of those big torches that light the hallways. It was in a small one in a corridor that leads to the stairs that in turn lead to the ammo cache room. I'll post a screenshot to explain better at another time. Tomorrow maybe.

And Sp1nn3y, have you found the cache?  :P

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 11:21:41 pm »

And Sp1nn3y, have you found the cache?  :P

xD i've been on a 1.6 rampage binge ever sense valve fucked up some stuffxz... i will soon!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up