GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:52:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4  (Read 57524 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga strikes again - funhouse v4
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 11:55:19 pm »

thanks a lot! mapping is such a relaxing thing. sometimes it drives me crazy, but since I´m already crazy, its ok.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

terps4life90

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2012, 12:06:29 am »

I said the music comes close to what I want. and I think it was you who wrote me a message some time ago about doing the music for the map. if you wanna try out things with the piano feel free to proceed. can you play the man with the golden gun-theme? and can you play it with some madness?
fuck yes i actually can :D.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:09 am »

hey ho, it´s way too calm in here. lets start a nice rhapsody in blue - blue bond´s journey through the funhouse. and the piano is playing..da da..daa..daa..da..daa.......

cinema paradiso - walking through the pillars, a stairway to a wonderful dream, painted in red and black colours

facing the spotlights, facing your life. its running through your veins, even if you´re standing still. the ceiling breaks down

your world is turned upside down behind the bar. that´s the usual procedure with the usual suspects. don´t worry, your gun is useless. reality becomes blurred

a dark hole in the middle of a rockwall. don´t get hurt by the dozen pillars, its just a small jump from here, falling off an airplane

scaramanga is dead, but the house is living on. the watchmen are watching with a big smile. the ultimate eyes of the pyramids promised a world without fear. but they are the ones you should be scared of, little wall-e.

the funhouse is a movie studio. life is a movie studio. its all an illusion. „No hay banda!“ are you still searching for the blue key, rita?

"The days of wine and roses laugh and run away like a child at play
Through a meadow land toward a closing door
A door marked "nevermore" that wasn't there before"

and clint eastwood grins and john wayne is waving the flags, but it was james stewart who was in world war 2. it´s a cowboy´s world. voilent and self-destructive

bang bang, said the green beret, you knocked me down. blue bond knocked me down.

and then he said: "mirror mirror, on the wall. show me where their bombs will fall."

it´s a face/off situation. or black and blue again, seperated in talkshows.

happy saint valentine`s massacre day, all you people! but hey al, smoking is not allowed in here. spell it! q..u..a..r..a..n..t..i..n...e.

baby, I´m on fire! let´s see if I can shoot off the apple on your head, but let me tell you, oh boy, my hands are shaking!

the illusion eats you and you disappear in the black hole again. black and gold, the colours of treachery and vanity

it´s your decision. door 1, door 2, door 3 or door 4? do you wanna take door 2? no, you don´t wanna do that! I give you 500 dollars if you choose another door. they...are...not...the...same!

you should meet me at the bar. then we talk about the good old times. c´mon, have another drink with me. it pours and it tastes like honey. they don´t make things like that anymore.

the journey has come to and end, the music is dead again. the blue eyes are facing the blue lights. what a wonderful time, haha.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:40:03 am by The Cy »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 12:32:31 am »

Wow... All I can say. Damn.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 04:46:27 am »

Not sure what's better, the narration, or the screenshots.

liamcadhain

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:47 am »

and then he said: "mirror mirror, on the wall. show me where their bombs will fall."

Un! Deux! Trois! Dis Miroir Noir!
...Black Mirror!

Sorry. Love that song, lol. The map's looking great Cy, I always look forward to your updates on it. You're really doing some trojan work on it.

Not sure what's better, the narration, or the screenshots.

This. I love the narration, it really adds to the atmosphere of the map

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 03:27:01 pm »

What can I say, marvelous map. I reckon it should be included in the next release (Which I hope is soon, before the end of the world). :)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »

Cool, I hope to try your new version soon.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 11:51:00 am »

thanks for the kind words. I don´t know if its ready till 4.2 release, because there will be a long testing period this time, but maybe the funhouse can spice up a bit the waiting time between 4.2 and 4.3 ;-)   

additional notes: this version´s name will definetely be ge_funhouse v4. the musical side should offer something special. I plan to present you different variations for different areas of the map, just like in the movie. as far as I know terps4life90 already works on a piano version of the main theme"the man with the golden gun" which I would like to use for the saloon part for a start.

here´s a version I found on youtube. not the best record quality, but still passionate played:
you should scroll up and look at the saloon pictures while listening to the music - very nice :-)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:57:39 pm by The Cy »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2012, 11:24:47 am »

dude this is awesome :D

Fear57

• GE:S player
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Fear57 is working their way up.Fear57 is working their way up.Fear57 is working their way up.
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2012, 05:01:58 pm »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:25 pm »

hey guys, map progress is 90% done I think. should be ready for testing in 2 or 3 weeks. here are some new screens including new retro pictures. tell me what you think about them.

I though it would be cool to have another shooting target behind the bar.

new sliding door leads to the surviellance room. the ventilation shaft has been deleted, cause it slowed down the flow.

there is only one short ventilation shaft left and this is the one.

this dark room with the wooden bridge is still WIP. I´m not so sure about this one, but at the moment I can´t think of a better solution. the picture with the lights is an illusion, below there is the area with the 4 doors, where 3 doors leads to death and one door teleports you up again to the place you see on the left side of the picture.

I still need the "man with the golden gun"-theme for the map, played on the piano.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:03:10 pm by The Cy »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2012, 06:58:02 pm »

Sexy, As always.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »

Very, very good, that looks. I think that having three traps may be a bit overkill. One that actually kills you (immediately or if you don't think fast - activate a mechanism to get out of it) and other two that just damage you would be better, I think, along with the escape door.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2012, 12:40:34 am »

The First Image looks really good i love the attention to detail and the ground looks good

The Quote in the second image- Winning isnt Everything makes me laugh and it suits the map

The Third image looks great with the area- it would be cool to hear some sort of street noises- like a police car in the background...just to add to the atomsphere....

The Fourth Image with the tv set is good- i love the image of scaramanga and  it would help players who want to try and make a sitcom machinima on the map.

the fifth image of the bonds is good- maybe have it with just Connery, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan...y'know like a tribute to the all bonds myth on the original n64 (alright secretly im not a fan of Craig or Lazenby) but its alright actually...is it going to replace the movie posters from the previous versions?

the sixth image...i agree we do need another shooting range- i wonder if there is a way that players could press a button and the cardboard cutouts pop up...could also aid players in causing a distraction...especially on gamemodes like Live and Let Die or LTK

the eigith image- the sliding door looks alright but im still a fan of the vents..i guess the sliding door would make things go smoother during ingame though the top window feels unnesseary.

the ninth image and last vent on the map looks good- i love the Aztec level feel-probarly due to the computer screens.

the eleventh image looks good- i love the new layout of the womens bathroom but the image of the woman pointing just doesnt suit it...besides the woman pointing slightly reminds me of Nicholas Cage's Y'dont say face.

the twelvth image of the womens bathroom is agian looks good- a real good 60's retro feeling

the last image of the Work in Progress with the dark woodern bridge visually looks amazing but realistically it doesnt suit it...what if you tried to use the invisible bridge version from early versions if not what about the older version of the bridge with the gold coins?

all in all the map looks wonderful Great Job CY :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up