GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:41:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SSL's Blog #2: ge_library  (Read 63621 times)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: SSL's Blog #2: ge_library
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2014, 05:44:37 pm »

All the talk about remaking existing sounds, and I think about how I use Graslu's N64 sound pack for my personal use. :P
I'm looking forward to more maps, acording to the progress tracker theres still more than half of the work to do for 4.3, though it's been the exact same for a month or two so it possible that the tracker just hasn't been updated yet, but I honestly wasn't expecting 4.3 to be here by Christmas which was kinda a bit far fetched to be honest since we can't dedicated full weeks on this mod. :-\
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2014, 08:41:04 pm »

So, let's stop complaining and get back to work. 4.3 will be the sum of the time and blood we invest. and everybody can help to make the next release something very special.
Brand new maps are on their way. And I'm also interested in the idea of a classic mode which features human pain sounds. If anyone wants to search for some good high quality sounds, feel free to do so and present them.
And I don't know what you feel about it, but the sound of the weapons still needs more power, especially the KF7 one. Maybe someone would like to create something better?
There are so many things which could be improved.
It just depends on time, passion and a good presentation.

Hear hear!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 10:24:37 pm »

Maybe someone could drop KM $100k so he could take a break from work and finish mod. That's the only thing KM should get, and possibly a helping hand. 

I like this!!

Hey guys, I have been working on my other projects since 4.2.4 was released (and of course my full time job). I intend to post all of GES source code on GitHub at some point this month. To do that, I first need to merge it with SDK 2013. Once complete then anyone with a GitHub account and C++ experience can help making 4.3 through pull requests!

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 11:58:04 pm »

Awesome! Now maybe we have a chance of seeing 4.3 before the end of time. ;)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2014, 10:28:56 pm »

Hey SSL, what's new? Progress still going on? Everything sealed, locked and loaded now? I want to borrow a book in the new library! The title is: "No way, can't wait to play, day after day I pray, mayday, mayday!"

...Raaaaaahhhhh!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:35:51 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2014, 12:20:33 am »

Nope, haven't been working on it since school started. I'll work on it tonight though and try to finish it up since it's the weekend.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2014, 04:19:01 am »

Nope, haven't been working on it since school started. I'll work on it tonight though and try to finish it up since it's the weekend.

Any luck with the map being finished?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

Did some polishing after I made that post, but I'm swamped with work ATM. Basically the only thing left is fixing a bunch of vertex lighting problems on some of the bookshelf book props.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2014, 03:10:33 am »

My body is ready.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2014, 05:27:34 am »

You need to finish it and get it out this month.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:08 am »

DrDean

• Model Man
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.DrDean has an aura about them.
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:47 pm »

Is it soon yet?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2016, 09:18:40 am »

I think this thread needs another encouragement again, because in my opinon SSL created one of the most beautiful maps so far and I really want to see this baby come to live again. let's take another look at the trailer he made some time ago to get in the right mood again:

and let's hear what the unicorn has to say about it:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:36:48 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2016, 06:51:11 am »

Fun fact: I started this map when I was 13, I'm 21 now. Still remember putting down the first brush for the basement section on a hand-me-down Celeron computer with a CRT screen.

IMO, this map hasn't aged well, especially when you compare it to the newer stuff in the mod *cough cough Luchador*. I never got good at making static props, so I ended up abusing Source's brush system a lot and using props/textures from other maps as well as trying to have an extreme attention to detail with the lighting and brushwork to compensate.

To be release ready, it either needs some kind of art pass, or a unanimous vote among the dev team of "fuck it, it's fine" since I don't want to have the lowest quality map in the mod. Right now it could pass as a really pretty third party map or a leftover beta 3 map.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2016, 08:10:04 am »

Fun fact: I started this map when I was 13, I'm 21 now. Still remember putting down the first brush for the basement section on a hand-me-down Celeron computer with a CRT screen.

IMO, this map hasn't aged well, especially when you compare it to the newer stuff in the mod *cough cough Luchador*. I never got good at making static props, so I ended up abusing Source's brush system a lot and using props/textures from other maps as well as trying to have an extreme attention to detail with the lighting and brushwork to compensate.

To be release ready, it either needs some kind of art pass, or a unanimous vote among the dev team of "fuck it, it's fine" since I don't want to have the lowest quality map in the mod. Right now it could pass as a really pretty third party map or a leftover beta 3 map.

I don't agree, I think your selling yourself short on the quality aspect. This map looks great in my opinion, better than some of the maps that install with GE:Source... You could always release a Beta for testing and feedback, and maybe even get some people on board. Either way I think this map is most certainly worth the go ahead :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up