GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:59:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga's funhouse v3  (Read 22736 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Scaramanga's funhouse v3
« on: September 03, 2011, 03:02:26 pm »

hi kids,

do a barrel roll! I proudly present the final version 3 of Scaramanga's funhouse ! the map is inspired by the bond movie "the man with the golden gun" and the gamecube game "goldeneye rogue agent". it's a map for the whole family! it' s funny, it's violent, it's an adventure with tons of features, such as the evil traps! bashe as a cowboy! and a little pervert hiding above the bottles! and here' s the link for the download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zirzbrj0js1j3ol
(boring instruction: please open the downloaded .rar file and put it´s content in the matching subfolders (map/scripts/music) of your gesource folder (and delete the older version of the funhouse). version 1 and 2 are history. THIS IS THE FINAL VERSION)

do you want some impressions of the map? here they come:

and now, please enjoy!
cy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:13:31 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaramanga's funhouse v3
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 09:18:05 pm »

I've uploaded the newest version to the QA server.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 10:11:20 pm »

cool cant wait to play online :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 12:41:05 am »

Looks fun, will have to play it here soon. Have yet to play it on a busy server.

Wait so have all your Funhouses been named cy_funhouse? People who have older version will be screwed over and not be able to join a server with new version.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:53:28 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 01:25:22 am »

Just been walking around on this for about 40 mins, just taking in the sights and pressing the little red buttons. This map is awesome, great job, don't see any reason why this shouldn't be in the next release, although I did find the image of the boy and the goat a bit disturbing, and I don't mean the fact that he is naked and seems to be having a whale of a time with a goat, but more... Well... Just have a look for yourselves, something's missing.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 02:03:21 am »

Yea, unfortunately all of his maps have been named cy_funhouse.  It isn't very fun for the people that have the older versions.  Some of them have no idea which files to delete.  I was considering making an XP and 7 batch file so they could run it and it would remove the files.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 03:05:59 am »

Cy, you really need to rename this map. If you rename now, people can download new version. And anyone with the old/newer version will just download the map off the server like normal.

This map is also HUGE, but that can be tackled later.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:11 am »

I've uploaded the newest version to the QA server.

thanks troy

@markpeterjameslegg: caravaggios art is controversial, but I like it. the little boy with the goat is John the Baptist.

@major: I know that problem, but there´s little I can do. for all I know I can´t simply rename my map without deleting all my cubemaps. I tried it once and it caused big problems. so I rename the download-files and leave it at that cause this map isn´t just widely spread as the official maps. and this is the final version of the funhouse. people will find it. version 1 and 2 are history.

and I think the map´s not that HUGE anymore. look at aztec, runway...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:44:07 am by The Cy »

Rick Astley

• Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 10:21:11 am »

This map is also HUGE, but that can be tackled later.

compared to version 2 the map has gotten smaller...not that thats a bad thing besides i love big maps :D

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 10:23:46 am »

Ha ha, no worries mate, it's a cool picture... I was just having a laugh, but he is missing something for sure, looks like he has lady parts. And well done on the map, I spent a long time looking for the beach, eventually I realized it was no longer there.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 11:37:31 am »

When renaming your map all you have to do is running the buildcubemaps command again afterwards.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 11:46:24 am »

compared to version 2 the map has gotten smaller...not that thats a bad thing besides i love big maps :D

Sorry, referring to file size, 70mb.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:49:46 pm »

hi,

I need help, ´cause I want to add the funhouse to the wiki and I don´t know how to link the map with the list in the third party map-section.   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:54:27 pm by The Cy »

Rick Astley

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 03:13:13 pm »

hi,

I need help, ´cause I want to add the funhouse to the wiki and I don´t know how to link the map with the list in the third party map-section.

i agree...plus i think the wiki needs to be updated (i wouldnt mind helping out :)

Rick Astley

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 03:13:56 pm »

hi,

in answer to your question i think you need to be a member in order to edit the wiki
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up