GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:50:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]  (Read 39294 times)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »

To our loyal fans,

February 19th at 5pm U.S EST

UTC/GMT February 19th at 10pm

Your wait is up! This will be the release of the long awaited beta 4!

Small apologies for the delay on this news post. We had planned to insert the podcast 17 interview from last week, but as many may know, William, their host accidentally messed up, and deleted the show files. During this week we organized a conference of lead developers and key beta 4 developers, to give you something to make up for this! It is a devloper Q&A and a great source of insight to easily understand the ways in which we have built upon the quality of beta 3, with the additions of beta 4.

http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/236062

This is an encouraged listen for anyone who loves GoldenEye: Source. It details a 10 month gap in release, the promise of what is to come, and the work we each put in. It sums up so many of the reasons why 5 years of development is so worth all the sleepless nights of toil, and every memory treasured along the way. Its about the present, the future and the past. Why we consistently band together for this common goal, and drive others to attaining the height of their skills, for the end result all goldeneye fans will appreciate.

To go with this release, we have had our Wiki master, JcFerggy, overhaul the entire theme, and create new and easy pages to understand all aspects of being setup for GoldenEye: Source. He is dedicated to creating nostalgic elements for the wiki that remind us all of the original game, while also giving the pages more depth and interesting information than previously.

The bulk of the wiki will be slowly updated over the coming month or so, but the main pages and the custom theme is done and active right now! Be sure to check out the developer Q&A to hear JcFerggy go over what he has done in greater detail.

Beta 4 Changelist | To get excited about, at our new look wiki. See the many things added and tweaked, that have been covered in more detail during our developer Q&A embedded above! Enjoy.

Goldenzen brings you two of his many beta 4 tracks, set to give you many different flavors of goldeneye music. Heavily inspired by Eric Serra [goldeneye's movie composer], these pieces give a more orchestral and subtle driving feel. The style has been much slaved over, to be suited to our MP levels.

Standard Operating Procedure
, is a track done only recently, and is a revision of one of 3 generic "Multiplayer" tracks from goldeneye64. He has taken a somewhat bland composition, and breathed more life and dimension into it. Not only recreating the basic layout, but also increasing the composition to include an original section for the second half.

Aztec, is being shown to get you excited about the map Aztec, which is being released in our beta 4! This track is mix of the goldenzen orchestral bread and butter, and some synthesized elements to create a nice blend. Quite dark and moody, which is always a nice remove from the other styles we get from our other music artists.

Surely, we are being treated to have 3 artists who will one day give the gift of a catalogue of music numbering into the hundreds! Enjoy this music.

Around two days before release, we will be supplying the Server Files for distribution to serverhosts around the globe. Whether Windows or Linux, you will be able to host our mod using the OrangeBox configuration of Source Dedicated Server! If any user wants to email a server company, we would appreciate that also and encourage all who can spread the word. With thousands of client downloads every release, GoldenEye: Source is a mod that requires hundreds of servers to handle the launch rush!

We will be working with the main supporters of GoldenEye: Source, but we also encourage all serverhosts and users to work together with this two day window, and get involved with supplying our large playerbase and any new players with even more servers than ever before, for a great GoldenEye: Source experience!

JestServers.com, who since Beta 3 has carried Goldeneye Source in their server package, is continuing to expand their support with a pledge of no fewer than fifteen official GES servers across many locations during the launch period of Beta 4. Their rent option is exciting for dedicated players/communities, giving the ability to rent GoldenEye: Source mod servers themselves for fair prices per slot!

We encourage ALL serverhosts willing to supply us with multiple free servers, to send us an email to show your interest and commitment, and for every company that supports the mod like JestServers has, will also get linkbacks and promotion via the news posts from the team. Both the players, and Team GoldenEye: Source appreciate these shows of support!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta_4_Changelist
Developer Q&A download  [right click to save]

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:26:53 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »

So close I can taste is....

..... WAIT thats blood..OMG
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »

yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, uh yeah yeah yeah ! give it to me, uh yeah !

it´s all soo fantatstic, the wiki- wow -so dark, so good ! great job !

the level updates:     
* Added: ge_aztec hell yeah !
    * Added: ge_caverns yeah, fuck !
    * Added: ge_facility_backzone my god, my god !
    * Added: ge_silo rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooar
    * Added: ge_basement uhhh lalalalala
    * Added: ge_facility_classic you´re classic, my facility lady
    * Added: ge_archives_frontzone horny horny horny

* Changed: ge_archives
    * Changed: ge_facility
    * Changed: ge_runway
    * Changed: ge_cradle                      hoooooooooooooooooooly shit !

# Changed: Weapon sounds (ZMG, Klobb, CMag, PP7, Moonraker, DD44, D5K, Phantom, Shotguns)  damn good choice

I´m happy now  ;D

P.S. the new interview is even better than the last. very informative & well spoken, including a big heart at the end
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:42:54 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:17:50 pm »

Very very good work by everyone...

Wake great work on that update and on the interview, it`s really interessting.

Well done mate :)

Greets
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:41 pm »

Yay! About time you people release! We been waiting for so longgggggg

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 05:58:53 pm »

Great news post, great interview.

I want it!!!  ;D
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 06:07:59 pm »

Wait what ? You acctually changed cradle ?

NICE !!!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 06:50:10 pm »

Added: ge_aztec

oh snap, that's a pleasant surprise. o_O

Will the achievements we've earned in 3.1.4 carry over onto Beta 4?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:46 pm »

Yes they'll carry over if you backup your gamestate.txt in the gesource directory. I suggest you do that anyway, but the installer will do it for you just in case.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 08:03:30 pm »

So close I can taste is....

..... WAIT thats blood..OMG
Get it together man. Take out your Jaws grills before you jump up and down with excitement. What have we told you about that?
Anyways. Can't wait to finally see how the rest of the world takes to Beta4, you guys put in a ridiculous amount of work.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 09:59:05 pm »

B.e.a.uuuuuuu-tiful. - Bruce Nolan aka Jim Carrey aka Bruce Almighty.

oliversk

• Agent
  • oliversk has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 11:59:17 pm »

Hey guys,

I'm doing some PR for beta 4.0 and planning to do an event on my website. Do you think there will be enough servers for about 15-30 people of my people or should I get a dedicated? Actually, it's the first time I'm doing an event so it could be less or more but considering that I have 20k subscribers 15-30 should be doable ;)

Anyway, I just tried to order one at jestservers.com, but it says:
Sales are on hold until February 22nd 2010.

Will there be other places where we can get a dedicated server ?

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:02 am »

the interview turned out nice dude

cant wait to start blasting people on this game come launch lol.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

terps4life90

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 02:12:36 am »

Is there anyway you could make a link to that music that was just released or could u just send it to me?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 02:20:28 am »

Oliver, we will have officially ~15 servers and that's not counting any 3rd party servers. I will have 2 servers (same as the official ones just branded OWS) and WNx will have there servers. And even more, so I think you will be good. If not message me and I can see if I can get a server for you/find room for ya.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up